Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Logistics Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Logistics Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Jun 11, 2020, 11:19 PM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant - Field Location: Potiskum, Yobe Starting Date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Area Manager
- Fleet Management.
- Assist in making drivers schedule
- Draw up the weekly fleet planning
- Manage the lead driver (if existing) and supervise drivers
- Monitor the service requirement of fleet
- Help in arranging the transportation of goods from field base to other bases
- Supervision of the Guards and daily workers
- Communicate AAH’s expectations to the guards and follow up their work
- Ensure that SOP is followed by the guards
- Review the security observation/ log book and communicate any issues to the Log officer
- Prepare and submit documentation pertaining to casual and daily worker requests according to AAH standards and ensure that all documents are validated and approved before commencement of tasks
- Communicate any challenges faced in security issues
- Review the performance of guards assigned to AAH and relay the findings to the logistics officer.
- Oversee stock and premises management.
- Directly manage and ensure the correct management of stocks in accordance with AAH procedure and best practice
- Report any under-utilized or old stock to the Logs Officer
- Follow up maintenance of all generators as necessary
- Make sure that the office generator is fuelled, regularly serviced and any fault is reported to the Log officer
- Supervise the renovation and maintenance of structures needed for the functioning of the base (programmes, offices, house, warehouse);
- Review the SFU and submit to Logistics Officer on a regular basis
- Ensure premises and facilities are in good order, and manage the replacement of damaged items bulbs, switches, plugs, furniture, taps etc
- Ensure generator running hours are clearly recorded
- Store Management
- Monitoring of Stock utilization
- Management of the storage conditions
- Management of the shipments and Cargo
- General Logistics Support.
- Maintain Logistics Petty Cash for sub-bases as per procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of external audits.
- Provide technical support to the team as necessary.
- Assist in monitoring the application of logistic procedures on sub-base.
- Participation in defining and improving logistical procedures.
- Diploma in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain or any other equivalent course
- Certificate in logistics from a recognized institute (desirable)
- At least 1 year proven experience in logistics operations
- Some experience in Stock control.
- Knowledge of computer packages MS office, email and internet use
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English and excellent in Hausa and Kanuri language.
- Previous experience working with NGO or UN agencies
- Proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies
- Sound knowledge of AAH logistics procedures and kitlog.
Minimum Basic Salary
- N156,995 per month.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Qualified women are encouraged to applyApplication Deadline 15th June, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts