Logistics & Procurement Officer Intern at Women and Children’s Right and Peace Building Awareness Initiative (WACRIPA)
Women and Children’s Right and Peace Building Awareness Initiative (WACRIPA) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-religious and not-for-profit organization whose goal is to “protect, empower and advocate for the equal rights of women and children in ensuring a better society”. WACRIPA was established and registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in 2016. The organization is working towards promoting Gender Equality, Women Empowerment, Women and Children's Right, Democracy & Good Governance, Education, Livelihood and Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Procurement Officer Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Internship
Reports to: ED
Supervises: Log Asst. and Security
- The Logistics Officer is the chief of WINN logistics/security – procurement, transport, warehousing, quality control and the safety and security of staff members and their operations.
- This is a critical position, thus requires diligence, dedication and capacity to handle numerous duties within a changing and dynamic environment.
- Accountable for the complete processing of all procurement of program supplies, office supplies, training materials, training venues, catering services, among others that are needed for the emergency response operations according to the Procurement Policy.
- Responsible for safekeeping the hard copies and soft copies of the procurement packages, asset management forms, fleet management forms, warehousing documents, distribution reports, and other pertinent documents relating to supply chain.
- Oversees fleet concerns that includes the daily movement of the program and support staff, mobilization of program supplies for distribution and for trainings/workshops, observance of safety & security protocols, management of drivers (both rented vehicle drivers), and submission of the monthly Fleet Analysis.
- Oversee and coordinate a variety of tasks to maintain adequate levels of supplies and equipment. Coordinate activities with assistant to ensure timely order placement of required items.
- Ascertain that all aspects of logistic teams such as, warehousing, and procurement are working in sync with each other.
- Ensure proper warehouse management.This includesstorage space, condition, and theactual storageof stock. Oversee appropriate storage and security of procured items and ensure proper allocation of space for fragile items.
- Create and maintain effective liaison with vendors and suppliers and negotiate contracts in the best interest of the organization. Work closely with vendors to obtain needed materials with particular attention to cost control, quality and timely delivery.
- Follow up with suppliers e.g. delivery schedules of goods and other procurement related concerns. This includes coordinating with the suppliers’/service providers for the delivery and transportation of goods for the program.
- Accountable for the accounting and maintenance of goods/equipment for the program. This includes keeping and monitoring warehousing records of all goods that are received and dispatched.
- Identify what goods/equipment needs to be replenished, purchased and/or dispersed.
- Maintain a file or record of suppliers through the Supplier Database.
- Ensures proper documentation of all Supply Chain processes.
- Issues assets to staff and tracks assets assigned to staff through the Asset Register.
- Coordinate drivers and vehicles to ensure timely and accurate delivery of items. Take responsibility for movement of all goods and equipment(s) to ensure efficient and timely delivery of relief commodities.
- Plan for and negotiate technical difficulties and prepare paperwork for shipments and regulatory bodies.
- Work closely with Human Resources Officer to identify personnel requirements and work schedules, prepare job descriptions, participate in recruitment, training and capacity building, conduct performance appraisal for logistics team/staff and supervision of departmental staff if need be.
- Ensure that WACRIPAminimum standards of logistics procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the program.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and yearly updates/reports/work plan on all logistical activities.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant logistics compliance issues as required by WACRIPAand donor’s policies and legal statutes in order to ensure compliance.
- If necessary, manage the evacuation of field based teams/items in collaboration with other security agencies.
- Education: Degree in any relevant field
- Experiences: N/A
- Competencies: committment, open to learningNegotiation skills, Diligence, and ability to handle multiple task, teamwork and collaboration, good communication skills, problem solver.
- Languages: English, Hausa and local language desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th September, 2022.