Mechanic at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Mechanic
Work Location: Shinkafi LGA, Zamfara State
Contract Period: Six Months
Contract : 208 Working hours per month
Start Date: 5th January 2022
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Perform autonomously, complex / advanced servicing, maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and other engines according to MSF standards and procedures in order to ensure vehicles are in perfect running conditions.
- Perform autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and mechanical equipment to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use.
- Perform maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook, ensuring all type of services to all vehicles are done on time (i.e. mini A, medium B and full C, and special services referred in logbook when possible).
- Test all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver
- Assist in the briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance
- Manage the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Ensure that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed
- Prepare needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance
- Keep record of vehicle’s driver remarks, and carrying out repairs if needed (vehicles and other mechanical equipment) and filling in service, repair or vehicle log book. Reporting to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles
- In the case of a breakdown, make a diagnosis, informing the line manager and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
- Follow up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents)
- Essential Diploma in Mechanics or related studies.
- Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years’ experience).
- English and Hausa are mandatory; Other languages are desirable.
- Essential driving license for vehicles.
- Gross Monthly Salary According to MSF National Salary Scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply
Application Deadline 19th January, 2022.