Media Officer at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Officer - Promoting and Protecting Freedom of Religion and Belief in Nigeria (FoRB)
Employment Type: Full-Time - Local
- A professional, motivated, and creative Media Officer who will be responsible for the creation, co-creation of multimedia products, capacity-building, relationship-building and organizing offline/online meetings under the project.
- The position holder will support the project team in their planning and implementation of the project. S/he will supervise the production, publicity, outreach and closely monitor the broadcast of multimedia products.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the National Media Specialist and will work closely with the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation team, and other project team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the National Media Specialist in co-designing and managing media outreach activities with regards to Promoting and Protecting Freedom of Religion and Belief in Nigeria (FoRB);
- Support the Media Specialist in planning and training of journalists on Common Ground Approach to address FoRB related conflicts;
- Support the National Media Specialist in establishing a Common Ground Journalism (CGJ) Forum in the geographical points of the project;
- Ensures all activities are conducted in accordance with Search policies and donor rules and regulations
- Nurture positive relationships with media partners and consultants on the project;
- Support media partners in their planning, production, publicity, outreach and broadcast of multimedia products;
- Coordinate with the program teams to integrate program messages into media programming streams;
- Track and document organization’s news coverage through online and traditional sources;
- Develop relations with media actors and assist in mobilizing media for events where necessary;
- Provide monitoring data to the DM&E manager and share success stories and impact stories as a result of media products;
- Support the DMEL team before, during and after the media channel mapping and listenership survey
- Provide media reports and documentation and share progress, challenges, and lessons learned to support the Project Manager to write periodic progress reports;
- Develop activity work plans, media production and broadcast plans and strategies;
- Provide necessary support to the Communications team to manage social media profiles relating to the project, including publishing and distributing content, running campaigns and monitoring progress;
- Support the Communications team in organizing online meetings with stakeholders on the project;
- Support the Media Manager and Grants Coordinator to prepare Terms of Reference and Contracts for the media partners and staff assigned;
- Oversee and ensure the quality of the production of the media products and provide constructive feedback to the production team;
- Keep track of media logs, monitor the broadcast of the media products and provide regular feedback to the service providers;
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Multimedia Production, Digital Skills, Journalism, Communication, Development Communications or a related area.
- 2-3 years of experience in media production/design and coordinating multimedia programs;
- Experienced in creating multimedia formats such as audio/visual, animation, photography, online and traditional etc. to engage an audience;
- Significant experience designing and conducting training courses in journalism and media;
- Track record in delivering effective media/communications/advocacy strategies in support of campaigns and advocacy programmes;
- A reasonable level of monitoring and evaluation knowledge is also required.
- Ability to communicate in local languages will be a big advantage;
- Past experience in promoting and protecting freedom of religion and belief in Nigeria (FoRB) through multimedia approaches will be an added advantage;
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Understand key opportunities in Nigerian media markets and a thorough understanding of requirements of different kinds of media i.e. Digital/Online, Print, TV and Radio
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding of target audience, intended outcome programming, behavior change communications, and edutainment approaches;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th September, 2022.
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals..
- Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal.
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities