Medical Laboratory Scientist at Bola Tinubu Health & Diagnostics Centre
Bola Tinubu Health & Diagnostics Centre is an ultra-modern Diagnostic Center facility which provides Radiology and laboratory services at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja Lagos. BTHDC is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) between PPC Limited and Lagos State Government. PPC Limited is affiliated to Philips Medical System (PMS), a global leader in providing clinical management and diagnostic technology, and have been successful in transferring latest technology to the healthcare industry in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Roles / Responsibilities
- Receive urine, blood or other samples for experimentation and analysis.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens.
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment.
- Guide and supervise junior staff and technicians.
- Adhere to the protocols, norms, rules and regulations to maintain complete medical records.
- Establish quality assurance programs to monitor and ensure the accuracy of test results.
- Monitor patient outcomes.
- Adheres to general hospital standards.
- Test and study blood, urine and other body fluids.
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians.
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards.
- Cross-match blood for transfusion.
- Ensures a hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
Qualifications and Person Specification
- Candidates must have BMLS qualification.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Sound knowledge in clinical laboratory procedures.
- Sound knowledge in clinical microbiology.
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
- Knowledge of a highly complex, clinical testing environment.
- Good eyesight and clear vision.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Application Deadline 12th July, 2022.