Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Aug 10, 2020, 10:55 PM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Location: Potiskum, Yobe Job type: Full-type Start date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Company Overview Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. Objective 1
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring under the supervision of the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Manager.
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams (Nutrition, Health, WASH & FSL).
- Assist in conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
- Facilitate training of CVs and partners, and participate in the sensitization of beneficiaries in collaboration with program teams.
- Support in collating and analyzing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities for direct reporting to the M&E DPM and M&E Officer.
- Ensure proper monitoring of the implementation of the program, focusing on the overall M&E framework of the program at the LGA level.
- Present and analyze data based on the information needs of the project team and partners and support in database management.
- Complete and submit monthly reports.
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team at LGA level.
- Work with program teams to ensure that information relating to Action Against Hunger and program activities is shared widely within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks.
- Under the guidance of M&E Officer work in close collaboration with the FSL & DPM program team in the LGA (whenever required) for resolving complex program-related issues and information delivery.
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the program delivery.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up a Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaints/ feedback at the LGA level.
- Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the community’s specific to the M&E responsibilities outlined by the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager.
- Analyze and provide information to M&E Officer regarding general contextual information at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership building initiatives with LGA level government.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in terms of selecting the beneficiaries of NFI & Cash Transfer as per the established procedure.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in selecting the Community Volunteers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Monitor the progress of disseminating the Action Against Hunger Principles within the beneficiaries’ community by the program team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, statistics, demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- 1-year M&E related work experience
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing (Mobile Data Collection a strong advantage).
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values, and principles.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Previous M&E experience
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
Minimum Gross Basic Salary
- NGN 156,995 per Month
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to applyApplication Deadline 14th August, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts