Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant at International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant
CFCV No.: CFCV2021.88
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: MHPSS / Protection
IOM Classification: UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months
Estimated Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the MHPSS / protection Manager and the direct supervision of the National MEAL Officer (MHPSS / Protection), and closely coordinating with the protection, CT, and MHPSS officers.
- The successful candidates’ primary role will be to; support the implementation of M&E activities in the deep field locations and M&E activities functions by ensuring accurate data is received, reports, and analysis. In addition, the incumbent will work closely with the MEAL National officer.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of Monitoring and Evaluation reports
- Assist in performing quality assurance functions during data collection, entry, and storage
- Support the development and maintenance of database and information
- Assist in capacity building of the PMTs on data capture and analysis for routine monitoring of projects; and project reports using excel and other data analysis tools, including developing and orienting staff on data visualization systems.
- Support in Conducting Post Distribution Monitoring surveys where required and the analysis and comprehensive reports
- Develops individual M&E activity plans and inputs into the unit’s M&E activity plan
- Participates in Monitoring & Evaluation assessments
- Help track the process indicators based on the database and the compilation of the MoVs, also training pre and Post Test.
- Work in coordination with toll line handlers in conducting sensitizations on the toll - line and the CRFM system. Also verification and follow up of AAP feedbacks;
- Conduct monitoring visits to deep field locations and Track case studies and success stories
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration and Humanitarian Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with 4 years of relevant working experience with specific focus and experience in professional work in the humanitarian field.
- Open and positive attitude.
- Genuine care and respect for needs of others, practically vulnerable populations with strong belief in empowering marginalized and disenfranchised people.
- High integrity and willingness to conduct herhimself transparently and open to scrutiny.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies - behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the Position Number on the subject line.
Click here to apply
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line "CFCV2021.88 Maiduguri, Nigeria. Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (M&E) MHPSS/Protection UG".
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Failure to use the above CFCV in your email subject will result to disqualification
Appliaction Deadline 14th December 2021.