Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Palladium Group
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Palladium Group
May 5, 2020, 8:29 PM
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitor & Evaluation Officer - Nigeria IHP Location: Sokoto
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Integrated Health Project (IHP) aims to strengthen local capacity and systems to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary healthcare.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Offer contributes to the development and implementation of the Task Order (TO) 5 MELP to systematically document performance for technical team to ensure the state implementation is on track.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the state MELP to systematically document performance for technical team to ensure the state implementation is on track
- Works closely with the state stakeholders and trains M&E staff at the LGA, facility, and community levels to build their M&E capacity
- Contributes to the identification, analysis, and synthesis of technical knowledge and evidence-based information in intervention areas including family planning, reproductive, maternal and child health, malaria, nutrition and immunization.
- Reports directly to Senior MEL Manager
- Generates robust evidence for programmatic learning that leads to action, decision making, and impact
- Together with Senior MEL Manager, ensures the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contributes to the development of annual work plans to identify state targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities
- Monitors project activities and tracks these activities against the state results framework
- Conducts visits to LGAs as necessary for data validation to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets
- Generates monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators
- The State level Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will have experience working with facility level M&E of public health programs.
- The Officer will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in M&E for health systems and healthcare provision programming, and experience working with different cadres of government.
- S/he must be intimately familiar with the public context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field, Masters Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience designing, implementing, monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for health and/or development projects
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with relevant government partners, USAID, other Donors, and implementing partners
- Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Familiarity with USAID / International indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ACCESS, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts