Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Action Against Hunger Job Recruitment
Action Against Hunger Job Recruitment
Mar 13, 2020, 9:34 AM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Location: Potiskum, Yobe Starting date: As Soon as Possible Direct Line
Tasks and Responsibilities Objective 1 - Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring under the supervision of the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Manager:
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams (Nutrition, Health, WASH & FSL).
- Assist in conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
- Facilitate training of CVs and partners, and participate in the sensitization of beneficiaries in collaboration with program teams.
- Present and analyze data based on the information needs of the project team and partners and support in database management.
- Complete and submit monthly reports.
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team at LGA level.
- Ensure proper monitoring of the implementation of the program, focusing on the overall M&E framework of the program at the LGA level.
- Under the guidance of M&E Officer work in close collaboration with the FSL & DPM program team in the LGA (whenever required) for resolving complex program-related issues and information delivery.
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the program delivery.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up a Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaints/ feedback at the LGA level.
- Analyze and provide information to M&E Officer regarding general contextual information at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership building initiatives with LGA level government.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in terms of selecting the beneficiaries of NFI & Cash Transfer as per the established procedure.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in selecting the Community Volunteers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Monitor the progress of disseminating the Action Against Hunger Principles within the beneficiaries’ community by the program team.
- M&E Officer and Deputy Program Manager: Technical hierarchical relationship- exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- Program team: exchange of information, collaboration, and coordination.
- Other partners/stakeholders, e.g. LGAs, GoN agencies, donors: exchange of information, M&E reports, collaboration and coordination.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- 1-year M&E related work experience
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values, and principles.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing (Mobile Data Collection a strong advantage).
- Previous M&E experience.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
Minimum Basic Salary NGN156,995 per Month.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Application Deadline 18th March, 2020.
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer Location: Bade, Yobe Job Type: Full Time Starting date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Area Manager Technical Supervisor: Finance Manager
Position Details Objective 1
- Manage the financial operations of the base
- Prepare cash count & bank reconciliation statement at the end of each month.
- Ensure bank statements & cashbooks are closed, reconciled & sent to the capital office on a monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts.
- Ensure that all the administrative documents are copied before sending the originals to the Capital office
- Manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the ACF's procedures (invoice accurate and signed)
- Verify the accuracy of and pay invoices for purchases
- Carry out all the payments for both cash and operational Bank account.
- Daily record all the Cash & bank account expenses in excel sheet according to ACF standards of Chart of accounts, project code, Contract, and financial line and the third-party codes.
- Ensure uniformity between the physical cash and bank statements as well as the Excel/Saga cash & bank book on a daily/monthly basis.
- Process the monthly income tax payments (PAYE) as per information provided by the CapitalRead phonetically Dictionary –
- Compliance with the purchase procedure
- Ensure that any purchase respect ACF procurement procedure as per Kit Log V3
- Liaise with the log department for any discrepancy and missing procedure
- Budget maintenance, Cash Forecast and Cash Flow
- Assist Finance Manager in BFU meeting
- Prepare the Bi-weekly cash transfer request for the Finance Coordinator
- Ensure that the cash box/bank and the safe maintain the minimum security amount
- Contribute to the elaboration of budget/reports / financial analysis when required or requested by the Line Manager or Fin co.
- Follow-up Base Filling
- Archive financial files as per ACF archiving guidelines, keep copies at the base & send original to the capital on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all staff submits the timesheets and 10 minutes conversation on a monthly basis before the 5th of every month.
- Track and share leave with the Damaturu office.
- Maintain cash, bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor & all other finance relevant contracts in the finance department
- Verify & cross-check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per ACF Archiving guidelines
- Manage accommodation for staff travelling to Bade, and ensure supplies in the office at all times.
- Provide timely requests for supplies required on a monthly basis.
- Follow up with HR/Admin Officer to ensure timely receipt of supplies and make such an arrangement that the supplies are available at all times.
- Arrange accommodation in Guesthouse and hotels based upon approved travel requests.
- Make payment voucher for processing of hotel payments
- Supervise and manage staff under your responsibility
- Provide day-to-day management of staff directly under his/her responsibility (Finance Assistant) and cleaners.
- Set objectives with staff under his/her direct management, and appraise their performance in accordance with ACF performance management policies, identifying areas where they require support and capacity building
- Ensure that all Financial policies and procedures are followed for Finance staff directly under his/her responsibility
- Directly reporting to Finance Manager
- Technically supported by Finance Coordinator, Abuja
- Directly responsible for the Finance Assistant
- Liaise with Log team / PMs
- Interaction with banking and financial institution service providers, and tax offices
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Bachelor level Degree in Management, Finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Champion of ACF Charter values of Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination
- Previous ACF experience or previous INGO experience
- Experience with donor-funded programs
- Experience supervising others
Minimum Basic Salary NGN 236,585 per month.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Application Deadline Friday, 20th March, 2020.
Job Title: Deputy Country Director - North East Nigeria Location: Maiduguri, Borno Duration: 12 Months Start date: 2020-04-3
Work Context In Nigeria, based in Maiduguri:
- The Nigeria mission has been open in 2010 by ACF-US and came under ACF-FR management in January 1, 2019. ACF Nigeria is currently undertaking the following activities: Security and Livelihoods Nutrition, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene. The mission consists of a team of 550 national employees and about 50 international employees.
- The total budget amounted to approximately 54 million USD in 2018. Action Against Hunger Nigeria’s main donors are USAID, DFID, EU, AFD, GFFO, ECHO, SIDA and SDC. Other than the coordination office in Abuja, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
- With a team of approx 450 staff, ACF assists approximately 300,000 persons per month in Borno and Yobe States with life saving but also with longer term projects. The security situation is tensed, especially in Borno. A security coordinator is based in Maiduguri and will work closely with you.
- You will actively contribute as co-lead on the production of a strategy for the North-East and that this is reviewed on an annual basis and documented each year.
- You will guide the humanitarian response team on assessments, programming and changes in plans that will affect the annual strategic plan.
- You will be responsible for external Representation & coordination in the North-East.
- You hold a Masters Degree in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Political or Social Science, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
- You have at least 10 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 5 years of experience in management.
- You have proven Representation skills at senior coordination and strategic levels
- 2/3 days training on finance tools before departure
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Specific conditions / Salary
- Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2735 to 3185€ upon experience C4
- Per diem and living allowance: 539 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- 450€ as country allowance
- 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- Child allowance
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
- Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts