Plumber at Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited
Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited - We are a leading 5-star international luxury hotel strategically located in the city of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plumber
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Chief Engineer/Head Maintenance
- The Plumber at Ogeyi Place Hotels is responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing plumbing systems within the Hotel, Apartment, and the Pool, Bar, Key area and any other assigned facilities.
- The plumber is tasked with ensuring that he keeps good relationships with internal and external customers.
- He also needs to ensure hotel fixtures and fittings are maintained in a safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Handle Food Production and Provide the Highest Food Quality:
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, and electricians in installing and repairing plumbing.
- Maintenance and Repair
- Maintain accurate records on material and labour used.
- Maintain inventory of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, fixtures, water, drainage and sprinkler
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Maintenance department at OPHL.
Key Performance Indicators
- Positive attitude.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Timeliness in responding to requests.
- Ability to see all work order through to completion.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Trade Certification is required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on their own.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role - at least 5 years plus
- Previous work in a hotel or hospitality environment is a plus
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 16th May, 2022.