Post-doctoral Research Associate at Zankli Research Center
Zankli Research Center is a world-class center for research and service in tropical diseases. It hosts well-furnished tuberculosis (TB) research laboratory with state of the art equipment, and its goal is to continue evolving as a center of excellence in research.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Post-doctoral Research Associate
Location: Karu, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract: Fixed term
Duration: 12 months – extendable depending on funding and performance
Accountable to: Principal Investigator
- Academic support to implement research studies on COVID-19 and Tuberculosis. Support the project management team, including day to day running of all aspects of the study, liaison with PSI/Society for Family Health (SFH), other ZRC partners, and write up reports.
Purpose of the Post
- To lead and manage research projects to enhance access to COVID-19 tests, isolate, care and treat interventions within healthcare systems in Nigeria, specifically in diagnostics and linkage to care treatment of mild and moderate cases of COVID-19.
- To contribute to the research activities of ZRC, with a focus on COVID-19 and/or tuberculosis diagnosis.
- Co-supervision of other researchers, liaising with SFH, submitting relevant regulatory documents to appropriate institutions, leading on all day-to-day management of the study, lead on write up of reports.
- This is an academic position to contribute to the implementation of internationally funded research studies on COVID-19 and tuberculosis. You would contribute to the research activities of the center but will maintain a focus on agreed studies.
- To be responsible for setting up and managing ZRC research studies, including:
- Preparing dissemination and impact activity and materials, attending, and presenting in conferences. Oversee data management and analysis and support the interpretation of data.
- To contribute to writing, submission and revision of manuscripts to be published in appropriate peer- reviewed journals, collaborating with others as necessary.
- To contribute guiding and giving direction to other research staff.
- Working with other researchers, including allocating work duties, ensuring quality of work is at the required level and expectations.
- Preparation and submissions of protocols for ethical approval.
- Liaising and contributing to meetings between the Research Team members.
- Preparing research protocols and update standard operating procedures, as necessary.
- Liaising with the ZRC PI and research team members, setting up meetings.
- Leading on write up of reports to funders.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Principal Investigator.
- To undergo continued personal professional development
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended by the Principal Investigator as necessary, in consultation with the post-holder.
- The duties listed are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the principal investigator. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested. The post holder may be required to work at any of the locations at which the research is conducted.
Internal and external relationships:
- The post holder will be expected to liaise with members of staff within the university/departments and College, academics in other institutions and, where relevant, industrial, or professional contacts.
- MBBS or BSc
- With MPH or MSc in Medical Microbiology, public health or epidemiology
- PhD, or equivalent higher Postgraduate degree.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Zankliresearchcentre@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.