Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Procurement Officer at CARE International
Procurement Officer at CARE International
Jan 31, 2020, 11:52 AM
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer Location: Maiduguri, Borno Position Type: Regular Supervisor: Opertaion Manager
- Ensure quality and timely supply of goods and services including consultancy locally or internationally in accordance with CARE Procurement rules.
- Prepare and share the country office procurement plan for each FY (Quarterly, Bi-Annually)
- Handle the local and international procurement process to ensure a timely supply and goods and services, including consultancy service according to the procurement policies and standards of quality of service, prepare SBA, LOPs et.
- Follow up pre-shipment inspection waiver, etc. from the relevant shippers and authorities
- Follow up tax exemptions from the relevant authorities
- Request for Quotations, ensure vendor's sign L.P. O’s and follow up with the prompt delivery of items.
- Prepare, process and monitor consultancy contracts and eensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures, and co-ordinate due diligence where necessary
- Manage travel requirements of staff and organize international workshops/events
- Effective report and communicate with clients and programs
- Prepare and maintain weekly Procurement Status Report (PSR)
- Ensure the effectiveness of the supply system and appropriate assets management.
- Execute necessary contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, monitoring and other logistics tasks in strong coordination with other respective units.
- Inspect goods received to ensure their quantity and quality and approved acceptance
- Follow-up the payment of goods and services invoices and bills, and advise Accounts on terms and conditions of contract relating to supply of goods and services to ensure that payments are made as agreed,
- Assist Admin Manager in providing training to staff on procurement policies,
- Develop and maintain a vendor list for the main office and supervise the preparation of S/O vendor lists,
- Maintain and share vendor and price lists with MO and S/O procurement committees and Programme Managers,
- Maintain the annual procurement budget/plan of the main office and consolidate the country procurement Plan,
- Ensure the completeness and chronological filling of L.P. O’s and Request for Payments,
- Ensure 24 hours’ feedback to staff on completeness of PR's submitted and prompt feedback on delivery of items,
- Maintain and update individual vendor files and update the Manual Procurement Status Report,
- Ensuring new vendors and Consultant's fill vendor questionnaires with all the required documentations attached and do Bridger checks on them.
- Prepare Request for Payments for Airlines and Internet Agencies
- Perform other duties and/or tasks assigned supervisor.
- Minimum of First Degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Management or Business or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage
- Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player and Integrity
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A Minimum of 3 - 4 years progressively responsible experience in procurement, logistics and administrative work. A good experience in supervision is required.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French are required.
- Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of CARE International.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Training skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) essential and fluency in at least one of the local languages, preferably Hausa/ Kanuri
- Excellent community mobilization/ sensitization and communication skills.
- Ability to deal well with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers.
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. (Procurement Officer - Maiduguri) to: email@example.com Application Deadline 13th February, 2020. Note
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts