Procurement Officer at Ekklesiyar Yan'uwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECT)
EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Job
- The Procurement Officer will oversee the day-to-day running of the procurement department, purchasing of goods and services for the organization, managing orders and relations.
The procurement officer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Creating and reviewing opportunities to implement best practices, purchasing policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve organization performance and deliver best value
- Developing creative and innovative procurement processes
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Negotiating and managing contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues
- Reviewing and negotiating existing agreements to optimize commercial terms
- Assessing and screening tenders from potential suppliers
- Maintaining records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Ensuring the timely delivery of reports
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND / B.Sc in Marketing, Business Administration/Management, Procurement, Logistics, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in above fields is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in procurement and managing procurement processes, preferably in a humanitarian and/or development context.
- Proven capacity of management, leadership, and teamwork
- Knowledgeable and experienced of implementing procurement processes and driving compliance
- Strong knowledge of Donor policies compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and Supply chain
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent communication, diplomatic skills, and writing skills
- Computer proficiency (word, excel and internet)
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and data
- Adequate problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills in English and Hausa
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- CV and Cover Letter should be uploaded in a single PDF document with the Applicant’s name.
- For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
- Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
- EYN Projects does not ask for any form of payment/compensation at any stage of recruitment
Application Deadline 20th October, 2021.