Procurement Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontières
Medecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Contract Period: 11 months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Plan and supervise procurement activities for goods, transport, subcontracted works and services for the project and capital according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure a transparent and efficient procurement and supplier performance
- Plan and supervise day to day procurement activities ensuring an efficient implementation of procurement procedures in the project or capital
- Regularly assess the market for new suppliers to supply the recurrent needs of the mission and seek products/services that offer the best value for money within the shortest timeframes.
- Negotiating prices and proposing new suppliers to be validated.
- Developing and maintaining relations with different suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods or services.
- Coordinating and leading the team under him/her, including the defining each person's tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up work schedules and organizing and leading team meetings
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/ her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
- Submitting and collecting quotations and tenders following the MSF purchasing policy and providing updates on "item-supplied" data: price, availability, quality, lead time
- Together with the Supply Chain Officer, determining the purchase planning according to the incoming requests / orders, product availability (shortages/surpluses), delivery times, budgets and other relevant factors
- Coordinating and supervising the purchasers' activity, managing the purchasing budget, and settling advances with the Finance Department
- Essential: Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Quantity Surveying / Business Administration / Accounting or similar area.
- Experience: Essential two (2) years working experience with MSF or in a well-structured establishment
- Language: English mandatory; Other languages are desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: MSF encourages women and people with disabilities to apply
Application Deadline 20th January, 2022.