Procurement Supervisor Job at APM Terminals, 24th May 2014
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services.
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
- Requires a university degree in Accounting/Business Administration or any related course.
- Requires at least two to four years of experience in Administration/purchasing.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the contractual terms, conditions and requirements and the particular job to be performed by the Contractor
Method of Application
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
- Check supplier operations at point of supply or on site
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy
- Customs duty processing and ensuring payment made on time with payables
- Tracking of Cargotec Kalmar and Liebherr invoices and ensuring payments are made before due date as per payment terms of our frame Agreement;
- Weekly report on status of purchase orders with the CFO
- Updating the procurement plan/savings for the year so far on Ariba for Regional Managers to see
- Checking the invoiced rates of freight forwards against agreed rates
- Processing of import permit letter for SONCAP exemption for smooth process for sea freight shipment
- Sending bi-weekly reports to freight forwards and internal user departments on shipment processing and status of purchase orders
- Preparing monthly purchase requisition, purchase order and goods received report to finance manager
- Tracking and processing container deposit refunds
- Ensuring Frame agreements are adhered to
- Process departmental purchase requests and ensure adherence to user department requirement
- Prepare periodic reconciliation of purchased items
- Review requisitions submitted by departments to determine proper pricing and quality control
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery
- Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
- Processing and tracking of form M for shipments
- Ensuring DHL invoices are paid on time to avoid withholding of our shipments
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply