Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Program Manager (INGO Forum) at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Program Manager (INGO Forum) at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Jan 23, 2020, 8:37 PM
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager (INGO Forum) Webcruiter ID: 4180327430 Location: Gwarinpa, Abuja Full-time/part-time: Full-time Employment type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance and leadership of the senior consultant, ensure the effective delivery on the PLRCAP project objectives
- Effectively manage the PLRCAP project team
- Ensure effective participant engagement, roll out of training and facilitation of mentorship.
- Capture lessons learned
- Ensure effective communication around the project and among the project team and NIF.
- Report daily on progress to the Senior Consultant responsible for the project
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation of the project, including preparing project updates and reporting
- Stay informed on political, humanitarian and security contexts, while providing structured updates to the INGO Forum as it relates to localization globally regionally and nationally
- Facilitate effective information flow between field-level realities in NE Nigeria and capital-level coordination in Abuja
- Provide linkages between INGO and NNGO community / identify opportunities for collaboration
- Help organize and facilitate workshops and other capacity development, as necessary
- Find and curate relevant resources and tools for humanitarian CSOs in Nigeria
- Oversee the development of the virtual resource center, in complement to other similar initiatives
- Ensure the impactful engagement of Nigerian and international stakeholders in the project including as mentors and twinning partners
- Ensure budget management
- Minimum of Master Degree in Communication; Journalism; Information Management or any relevant field
- Advanced university degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field (minimum master’s degree or work experience equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years in the Nigerian public, humanitarian or development sectors, including knowledge and understanding of the international humanitarian/development system and the mandates of the actors involved.
- Experience in working with capacity building of civil society organizations (CSOs) or small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Direct experience in Nigerian social impact start-ups or CSOs preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and analytical skills
- Proven project management experience
- Proven experience in influencing for policy change and practice
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating meetings in a high-pressure professional setting
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with high-level actors
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Proven experience in team and budget management
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Commitment to international humanitarian standards and principles.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: February 2020
- Duration: 7 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions of grade level 8 step 1
- Duty station: Abuja, with frequent travels. Travel outside Abuja is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply NoteApplication Deadline 29th January, 2020
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts