Project Driver at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Career Category: Administration/Finance
Reports to: Logistics Assistant/State Admin Officer
- The Project Driver will work closely with Logistics Assistant and State Admin Officer both at the Country Office and State office respectively to ensure that vehicles are properly used and used in line with JHPIEGO’s Fleet Policy.
- He will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of JHPIEGO staff, assets and other goods.
Vehicle Fleet Management:
- Coordinate with Country Office Logistics Assistant and State Office Admin and make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the JHPIEGO’s vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that vehicle requests are well attended to.
- Responsible for ensuring that JHPIEGO vehicles are clean at all times
- Responsible for using all vehicle management tools like logsheet, vehicle checklist to monitor the usage, behaviour and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff travelling in JHPIEGO vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all internal vehicle request forms
- Receives all requests for transportation for trips.
- Coordinate with Logistics Assistant/State Admin and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Coordinate with Logistics Assistance and State Admin Officer to ensure Maintenance of a folder of Vehicle Log Books for audit purposes.
Vehicle Fleet Maintenance / Repairs:
- Be involved in the proper diagnosis of vehicle faults and recommend repairs.
- Responsible for ensuring that procurement procedures /documentation are completed before vehicles are released for repairs by workshops
- Constantly Monitor and provide feedback on the quality of service of outside garages used by JHPIEGO
- Drive JHPIEGO vehicles when requested
- Relevant Diploma, SSCE, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficiency in use of computer and vehicle software
- Ability to travel at least 25% of work time.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a similar position in the INGO sector
- Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Defensive Driving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using "Project Driver, Taraba" as the subject of the mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as one single word document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021.