Project Manager at Action Against Hunger
Jan 7, 2021, 12:17 PM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager-CDCS
Location: Bade, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is currently look to hire a talented and passionate individual to fill the role of Project Manager, to join our team in our Bade office.
- The Project Manager will lead the implementation and completion of Project(s) throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
- The Project Manager will be based in Bade LGA, Yobe State and required to have a background in Nutrition and Health.
- Finalize and manage the update and implementation of the detailed Project(s) Implementation Plan (PIP);
- Develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans for your staff in order to achieve the activities in the PIP;
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality;
- Ensure that the project(s) is being implemented as per donor regulations;
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of the project(s) including regular monitoring, field visits and learning;
- Manage and develop the Project Team under supervision;
- Maintain and archive all project documents in organized manner for future audits;
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports as requested;
- Develop systematic mechanism for lesson learned about the programs to provide information to conduct advocacy activities, with periodic field visits to other project locations to strengthen the collaboration with other projects and implement best practices.
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholders and manage internal and external relations related to the project
- Oversee the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and plans in collaboration with the M&E coordinator;
- Stay abreast of, and manage field operations as to, the prevailing security, cultural and social situation as per the guidance of the field coordinator;
- Finalize and manage the Project(s) Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents in order to maintain a strong record of the project(s);
- With the support of the relevant technical coordinators, develop, document and work as per designs, BoQs, tools, implementation modalities and guidelines;
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues and inform senior management accordingly;
- Identify and assign additional activities as required in coordination with the technical departments;
- Degree in Medicine with good background project management, master in health planning & management, public health, nutrition, development studies or other related field;
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming;
- Capacity to write quality reports;
- Experience in managing medium to large-sized teams.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a team of diverse culture;
- Proven project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 3 years in an INGO;
Minimum Basic salary: 424,310 NGN per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encourged to apply
Application Deadline 13th January, 2021.