Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Recruitment For Graduate Interns (Public Facing) at Oxfam
Recruitment For Graduate Interns (Public Facing) at Oxfam
Jul 21, 2018, 10:54 AM
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Intern (Public Facing) Location: Abuja, Nigeria Contract type: Fixed Term (6 Months) Job Family: Public Engagement Reporting to: Digital Campaigns Office Job Purpose
- The post holder will play a vital role in supporting the campaign and advocacy work of Oxfam through digital platform, production of communication and advocacy materials and Voices of Food Security (VFS) partners’ coordination.
- Working closely with the Influencing Team and with guidance from the Digital Campaigns Officer, he/she will support the digital engagements of Oxfam and Oxfam’s programmes, and ensure increased visibility online and offline.
- The post holder will also assist the Digital Campaigns Officer in planning and delivery of public facing and advocacy events in Nigeria.
- Work with programme team/carry out field visits to collate impact stories from beneficiaries
- Maintaining and updating stakeholders’ databases
- Support the IPE Team in initiating and follow up of advocacy to key stakeholders
- Support in ensuring that key influencing issues from resilience/livelihood and Right to be Heard programmes are captured, documented and shared with the line manager
- Support in planning visits, meetings, events and other engagements as required
- Support with proposal writings, workplan development, strategy development, etc.
- Support the programme unit with ICT for Development programming and proposals
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Working together with Programme/MEL Officers to develop Infographics of key Oxfam programmes outcomes
- Ensure increased visibility and strengthening of GROW campaign profile as well as Oxfam in Nigeria profile through digital mobilization and engagements
- Delivering digital media campaign report to the line manager
- Maintaining and updating of Oxfam and Oxfam’s programmes websites with relevant and up-to-date information
- Ensure the quality of Oxfam’s brand is maintained on communication materials for external use and in compliance with all branding requirements of Oxfam Global Identity
- Researching and developing contents for campaign materials, media publications, newsletters, blogs, bulletins and case studies
- Developing layouts for Oxfam’s publications, newsletters and other advocacy materials
- An active interest in international development and social justice, and in particular an interest and understanding of the issues that Oxfam campaigns on, especially GROW, Inequality and ENOUGH campaigns
- Experience of or involvement in delivery public facing events, including experience of creating management and logistic plans and post event analysis
- Some experience or involvement in delivering effective campaigns and/or knowledge of different campaigning approaches
- Experience in using social media
- Experience and good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be useful e.g. in communications, information management, social sciences.
- Experience in using publishing and layout software (like Adobe Indesign and MS Publisher) and photo software (like Adobe Photoshop)
- Good knowledge of website/content management system
- Able to complete projects to a high standard with minimum supervision
- Good IT skills especially in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent social media skills
- Good graphics design skills
- Experience and ability in taking good pictures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take the initiative and work without close supervision
- Reliable and flexible
- Interested in learning and developing new skills
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission and values
- Personable and enthusiastic
- Highly creative
- A lateral thinker with good analytical skills
- Organized with a attention to detail
- Please send your applications in the required format.
- All candidates will be shortlisted for assessment and interview.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts