Rector at the National Institute of Construction Technology and Management
The National Institute of Construction Technology and Management, Uromi, Edo State was established by the Federal Government in 2014. The Institute provides technological services, training and development of techniques for students in the areas of Applied Sciences Engineering Technology Environmental Technology, Business Studies, as well as other spheres of learning.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Uromi, Edo
- The Rector is the Chief Academic Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has the power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students of the Polytechnic.
- He/she is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- He/she is one of the Principal Officers in the Polytechnic.
- In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic and professional endeavours, capacity for sustainable excellence and must be credible.
Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) from a recognised Institution in any of the following disciplines offered in the Polytechnic sector: Technology, Applied Science Commerce and Management.
- A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Degree or a minimum of Lower Credit at Higher National Diploma (HND) in any of the following disciplines: Technology, Applied sciences, Commerce and Management from a recognized Institution.
- A minimum of seventeen (17) years teaching experience in tertiary Institutions at least ten (10) of which must have been gained in Polytechnic or similar TVET institution.
- A Chef Lecturer from the Polytechnic sector with not less than five (5) years' experience on the rank.
- Not more than fifty-nine (59) years of age at the date of assumption of duty Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial attributes.
- Be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- A person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic, even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- A person who is not likely to pursue racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interests Morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment.
- Physically and mentally fit (with evidence from a Government hospital) and;
- Proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria, as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies recognized by the Federal Government,.
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years in line with the extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefit attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic, as approved by the Federal Government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and attach photocopies of all relevant documents to the application, giving their details in the following order:
- Full names (surname first and underlined)
- Date and place of birth
- State of origin and local government area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital status
- Number and age of children
- Current postal address including telephone number and email address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of professional bodies/associations
- Honours and distinctions (if any)
- Academic / scholarly publications
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Present employment to include status salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies)
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and addresses of three referees (Employer. Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, National Institute of Construction Technology and Management, Uromi. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate's notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked "APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF THE RECTOR" at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
National Institute of Construction Technology and Management,
Uromi, Edo State,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Previous holders of the position in any tertiary.
- Late applications will NOT be entertained and only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Application Deadline 19th September, 2022.