Reporter at African Economic Congress & Moneyline with Nancy
African Economic Congress & Moneyline with Nancy - We are a reputable national business TV news channel on AIT.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill this position below:
Job Title: Reporter
Location: Asokoro, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Excellent presentation skills developed through training and lower-level presenting roles, which engage the viewer and reflect the values of the network.
- Provide content that is engaging and entertaining, and that is easy to understand for the general public.
- Create ideas and stories; contribute to the creative process and be a part of an item or program's production.
- Provide clear proposals and treatments that are consistent in content, style, and quality.
- Use the latest developments in social media to deliver our journalism to audiences as well as set a good example by learning to operate new systems and adapting to different working methods
- Work closely with colleagues and with other departments, ensuring that output material is shared, avoid duplication, and best practices are observed.
- Create and manage diverse contact lists and databases; create and share data with other team members.
- Provide timely, expert and authoritative news reporting on current events and news.
- Identify and file important story gaps by conducting interviews with local experts or advocates, political figures, policymakers, and civilians.
- Create, script, and deliver content that meets the highest journalistic standards
- Be a trained Journalist and/or have a strong journalistic background.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Journalism, Communications or related field
- A minimum of at least 3 years experience
- Must reside in Abuja
- Exhibits a high level of excellence in broadcast and computer technology.
- Capacity to communicate story ideas and program plans and to actively participate in planning.
- The ability to sustain performance under pressure and change, particularly under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities.
- Experience in conducting field interviews i.e vox pop and social media posting and management
- Please attach your portfolio along with your application.
- A strong background in live news-based content as a social media presenter, correspondent, or contributor
- The ability to adjust to new media while having a thorough understanding of production methods.
- Exhibits the ability to evaluate editorial guidelines, target audiences, program objectives, company targets, and editorial philosophy in a balanced and objective manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th December, 2021.