Site Monitor (Environmental Mainstreaming / Mitigation) at Peace Restoration and Integral Global Development Initiative
Peace Restoration and Integral Global Development Initiative (PRIDE) is a Non-Profit National Organization, born out of passion for the well-being of the vulnerable women and children in the Nigerian society, especially in the NE / NW Nigeria. We have special interest in reducing suffering in the society in times of crisis which may be as a result of conflict or natural disaster. The organization is currently focusing its attention on the NE Nigeria, with special emphasis on (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and Zamfara) State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Monitor (Environmental Mainstreaming / Mitigation)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role will be responsible for the effective and professional performance of project activities.
- This role has an area focus and ensures compliance with PRIDE procedures and guidelines within the area.
- The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
- The role provides technical support and guidance for protection operations
- The Infrastructure Engineer will evaluate the construction work through field observations and inspections and the review of quality control reports to ensure contract compliance and proper standards of quality are achieved.
- Quality assurance, as well as the longer-term coordination of a construction contract.
- Incumbent will inspect construction; review plans; recommend approval and maintain a daily log of construction activities; develop change orders including preparing cost estimates; and other construction engineering duties related to the mechanical, electrical, civil, or architectural project as directed by the Project Manager.
- HND, University Degree in Civil / Water, Mechanical, Architectural Design and Agricultural Engineering
- Familiar with computers, Outlook, Excel and MS Word, mobile surveys
- Experience in protection monitoring and reporting
- Honest, hardworking and independent.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Somali local languages appropriate to the target population.
- At least two-year previous NGO or humanitarian work experience.
- Experience in environmental mainstreaming is an added advantage
- Good data collection/analysis and reporting skills
- Experience using online data collection software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th November, 2023.