Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Sourcing Strategy Advisor at Chemonics International
Sourcing Strategy Advisor at Chemonics International
Apr 3, 2020, 11:25 PM
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Sourcing Strategy Advisor Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Sourcing Strategy Advsior to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal new born and child health program
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Sourcing Strategy Advisor will provide and support technical assistance to stakeholders and donors on appropriate sourcing approaches for health product requirements and other technical services across HIV / AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning and Maternal, New Born and Child Health Programs to ensure that quality health products and services are sourced to meet needs of the program
- S/he in collaboration with other managers and advisors will inform health product procurements to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Plan and Source Director or his / her designee.
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate health product sourcing strategy from local and international manufacturers/vendors that provides best value and meet donor requirements.
- Support the maintenance of the list of approved products and sources by international (USFDA, WHO, EU, GF) and national regulatory authorities (NAFDAC) for procurement of HIV / AIDS, Malaria, TB, MNCH health products.
- Support the monitoring of product registration status, language and labeling requirements, storage condition and other quality requirements that impact product use.
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM Home Office maintain product price lists from approved sources that guide quantification and procurement decisions.
- Facilitate the development and monitoring of health product and services agreements (especially equipment) to ensure they provide best value for the products.
- In collaboration with Compliance, lead in the identification of approved sources for all health commodities and services procurements in line with the US Government FAR / AIDAR.
- In collaboration with the Procurement team, support the review of technical services agreement for health commodities and services to ensure best value for products and services.
- Support the monitoring and tracking of all international procurement of health commodities and services managed by the GHSC-HO Sourcing team and report on time delivery.
- Monitor national policy and regulatory frameworks that affects new and existing health products, equipment and services to guide decisions on product pricing, availability and use.
- Develop and deliver appropriate health product presentations and reports on current situations, innovations and solutions that will promote sustainable systems.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Support the monitoring and obtaining of annual registration importation waiver from the national regulatory authority for health products that are procured from international sources without local registration to meet the needs of the program.
- Support the establishment of relationship with appropriate national regulatory authorities to be abreast with list of approved sources for health commodities.
- Lead the maintenance of database on product catalogue, shelf life, storage conditions, registration requirements, and availability in local and international market
- Monitor and report on local and global markets on new product introduction, pack sizes, volumetric and shelf life adjustments to guide warehousing and storage decisions.
- Support the review of product specifications and shelf life during procurement to ensure they align with national requirements for supply of donated health commodities.
- Participate in procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings to inform discussions on product selection, innovations and new market dynamic that affects product availability.
- Collaborate with Forecasting and Supply planning teams to manage client’s expectations on product availability based on new innovations, regulations and market dynamics.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Sourcing Strategy Manager.
- The Sourcing Strategy Advisor will report directly to the Sourcing Strategy Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences, and equivalent.
- Three to five years of professional experience in health product selection, procurement, regulations, registration etc. in public and private sectors.
- Ability of use Microsoft Suites required.
- Ability to use procurement ERP system preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required.
- Specific experience in HIV / AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Evidence of being self-managed and work as part of a team.
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts