Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Vacancy for an FCC Controls Specialist
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Vacancy for an FCC Controls Specialist
Nov 8, 2017, 2:12 AM
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentive's our employees to live our values every day. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Specialist, FCC Controls Job ID:569290 Location: Victoria Island, Nigeria - SCB Job Function:Compliance Regular/Temporary: Permanent Full/Part Time: Full time Job Description Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives):
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in [Globa/Region/Country/Business] to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC].
- Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management [EDIT IF REQUIRED].
- Apply risk and data analytic tools/techniques to optimise and tune relevant detection scenarios, and screening and monitoring systems.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.
- Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank’s Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
- Ensure that detection scenarios that are developed and deployed are fit-for-purpose.
- Review and assess existing system and controls relevant to FCC to ascertain operational performance and effectiveness.
- Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Ensure that the relevant lists and database as used by the screening systems are up to date.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Nigeria / Compliance / FCC team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Embed here for good and Group’s brand and values in Nigeria / Compliance / FCC team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts