Studio Lead (Cinematographer) at uLesson Education Limited
uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to deliver high-quality, affordable, and accessible education to all Africans. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by expertsin education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our Android application has over 1 million downloads on the Google Play store and we’ve been featured on credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Quartz and Business insider. Our product is aimed at delivering better learning outcomes for students across Africa, as well as improving their performance in national and international examinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Studio Lead (Cinematographer)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are currently looking for a talented individual who is passionate about media, technology, education, and the African continent to join our team.
- The candidate is expected to work efficiently in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment and handle multiple challenging tasks with ease to meet individual and team performance standards.
- Analyzing scripts, characters, story structure and deciding on a visual approach
- Plans, directs, coordinates, reviews production scripts
- Manage all aspects of the filming and operate the camera
- Working on multiple projects at once, organized and diligent in managing shifting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Working with the post-production team to ensure the desired effects are preserved and that the mood of the production is maintained
- Costume and props coordination
- Create a creative storyboard and assists with creative development.
- Works efficiently to stay on schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, production or a similar discipline.
- Extensive experience working in the film industry or in video production.
- Stamina and physical strength.
- A passion for film and good eye for detail.
- Artistic ability and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Understand shot composition, movement, and color
- Experience with the following: Cameras (DSLR, mirrorless), Camera support (gimbals, jib, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Detail-oriented and demonstrate good creative intelligence.
- An eye for detail and a mind for fast invention.
- Strong communication skills and a Team Player.
- Excellent listening ability.
- Flexible approach to adapting knowledge already accumulated to achieve an improved result.
- Thorough understanding of the film production process..
- Ability to produce films, including setting up, shooting, processing, and editing.
- Strong technical knowledge of cameras.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and engaging Portfolio to: email@example.com using "Cinematographer" as the subject of the mail.