The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) 2023
The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development. We are currently seeking applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience. We especially want to hear from those with the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress.
What does the YPDP offer?
In short, the YPDP offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different fields of work and to access professional networks. The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments / units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
YPDP participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, a wide range of relevant learning and developmental opportunities, rotation among different departments and benefit from a coaching/mentoring arrangement.
After participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
- OPEC Fund Member Country national
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Excellent Academic performance
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is December 15, 2022. Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please upload the Application essay and transcripts under the “Additional documents” section of the application form;
- Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us at [email protected] with new contact details should they change during the application process;
- Answer all the questions in the application form; and
- Please ensure that your application essay adheres to the below guidelines.
- The OPEC Fund works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. The OPEC Fund's work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, infrastructure, employment (particularly relating to MSMEs), clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education.
- In fewer than 1,000 words, please write an original essay addressing (i) the potential of development actors such as the OPEC Fund to help developing countries overcome obstacles to social, environmental and economic progress, and (ii) how you would hope to contribute to development if you were selected to work for the OPEC Fund. You may focus on a region or set of countries and / or your area of expertise to formulate your essay.
- Please remember, the OPEC Fund will only consider applications from candidates who meet the above criteria and submit an official online application before the deadline of December 15, 2022.
- Also, please note that we will only reach out to short-listed candidates.
For more information, visit https://opecfund.org/career-opportunities/young-professional-development-program
, Adamawa State
, Akwa Ibom State
, Anambra State
, Bauchi State
, Bayelsa State
, Benue State
, Borno State
, Cross River State
, Delta State
, Ebonyi State
, Edo State
, Ekiti State
, Enugu State
, Gombe State
, Imo State
, Jigawa State
, Kaduna State
, Kano State
, Katsina State
, Kebbi State
, Kogi State
, Kwara State
, Lagos State
, Nasarawa State
, Niger State
, Ogun State
, Ondo State
, Osun State
, Oyo State
, Plateau State
, Rivers State
, Sokoto State
, Taraba State
, Yobe State
, Zamfara State