Trainer Curriculum Development and Integration Support Officer at Tongston Entrepreneurship Group
Tongston Entrepreneurship Group (Tongston) is a leading unique pan-African group connecting entrepreneurship and education to reposition economies to achieve sustainable growth and development through its holding company: Tongston Holdings and its 4 integrated subsidiaries: Tongston College | Tongston Institute | Tongston Ventures | Tongston Media.
Tongston Holdings provides oversight and coordination of all businesses at the group and subsidiary levels, and shared services to the group of companies, partners, clients and investee companies across corporate services, human resources, strategy, business development, stakeholder management, economics & research, legal & governance, IT, finance & treasury.
Tongston is driving a revolution in education through its proprietary entrepreneurial development model delivered in the Tongston entrepreneurial ecosystem operating across the Education Value Chain from primary, to secondary, tertiary and post-tertiary (workplace, government or enterprise) & Entrepreneurship Value Chain from finance (Tongston Ventures) to education (Tongston College and Institute) and media (Tongston Media).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trainer, Curriculum Development and Integration Support Officer
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Gombe, Kaduna, Bauchi, Lagos, Ogun
Job Type: Full-time
Job Field: Education / Business Development / Training / Curriculum Development
Start Date: September 2021
About the Role
The position requires:
- Facilitation and delivery of Tongston’s products and services, monitoring, evaluation and supervision of the delivery of Tongston’s products and services
- Development and integration of curriculum and associated resources at various levels of education (primary, secondary and post-tertiary)
- Stakeholder and beneficiary management and liaison.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other states
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare, facilitate and deliver seminars/workshops/training sessions and lectures by Tongston Institute (online and in-person) and other relevant Tongston entities
- Evaluate and enrich training and development programs based on Company, industry, and user needs, principles, feedback, and standards
- Participate in Tongston Lab
- Develop training materials and resources
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of sessions
Curriculum Development and Integration:
- Provide curriculum development and integration to schools and other educational institutions
- Support schools in integrating Tongston’s entrepreneurial development and thinking model, curricula, and resources
- Tongston product and service curriculum development and upgrades
- Supervise schools and other institutions in curriculum integration and development
- Work with regulatory bodies, accreditation bodies, and other entities in the creation of the entrepreneurial education industry
- Support institutions in the utilization of Tongston products and services
- Follow-up, supervise, and guide the implementation of practices taught in the training sessions
- Train, manage, and guide support staff, trainers, facilitators, resource developers
Stakeholder and Beneficiary management & liaison:
- Development, maintenance and management of a comprehensive stakeholder database particularly of schools and educators
- Prospect, interact, and engage new and existing clientele and other partners
- Other activities as may be required from time to time to be notified to you by the Company.
Education and Experience
- Experience in c-level management in schools whether secondary, tertiary, or post-tertiary is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the latest industry trends that impact education and entrepreneurship.
- Solid knowledge of the latest educational & corporate training techniques.
- Prior business development experience or marketing experience will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in key applications - MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Corel Draw, Adobe Systems, and any other required applications.
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs, Outlook).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, though a Masters or Doctorate/Ph.D. in education is an added advantage.
- A certification in a business-related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3-5 years proven experience as a practitioner/trainer/teacher/lecturer in any of these professional fields: Project Management; Secondary School Teaching/Administration; Finance, Sales & Business Development; Psychology & Counselling; Human Resource Management; Life Coaching; and Career Development & Mentorship. Work experience that cuts across education, consulting, business and media in a collaborative and innovation-driven environment is useful.
- Solid and current experience in schools and other related educational institutions.
Skills and Competence:
- Creativity, Innovation and Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills – especially stage presence in addressing audiences of 100 to 500 people
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Ability to manage and interact with c-level executives
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 20th September, 2021.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a series of competency-based tests, interviews and assessment centres.