Trust and Grants Manager at Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation
Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation is a philanthropic organization committed to transforming public sector effectiveness and improving access to quality primary healthcare in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trust and Grants Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Trusts and Grant Manager will report to the Executive Vice Chair and with responsible for the overall grant making/giving strategy ensuring that the Foundation operates in line with its Strategic Plan, and Philanthropic Objectives.
- The Manager will implement and manage efficient and effective systems that drive a genuinely diverse range of grant applications to deliver a sustained impact.
- Devise an impact assessment methodology that facilitates reporting back to a range of stakeholders. Work alongside the Head, Enterprise Management to ensure appropriate monitoring and financial management of the grants budget from pre-application stage through to evaluation and reporting.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Vice Chair and Foundation team to implement the Community Investment Policy in line with the aims as set out in the Trust’s Strategic Plan.
- Have a sound and up to date understanding of the legal framework in relation to grant-making under the laws of Nigeria and other related bodies.
- Review the Community Investment Policy annually, advising the Executive Vice Chair and Foundation of any required changes as a result of changing local priorities or third-party socio-economic needs assessments.
- Develop a network of positive relationships with other organisations, including but not limited to, public bodies; voluntary sector; charities; societies and individuals, to help unlock other sources of funding, maximise shared opportunities and enable partnership working.
- Work with the Communications Officer (or designate) to develop and implement a communications plan to maximise all opportunities related to the Foundation grant-giving activity.
- Manage and refine the grant application process through the use of appropriate software, robust due diligence procedures and control measurements.
- Support and advise grant applicants through every stage, building strong and supportive relationships with those seeking guidance throughout the application process, in order to ascertain their eligibility, understand their needs and ultimately ensure that the application process is open and accessible to the target audience.
- To assess and make recommendations for Grant awards through devising a transparent scoring system that ensures impartial review.
- To act as a member of the Foundation Trust’s Management team contributing to the overall efficient running of the organisation.
- To promote and safeguard the reputation of the Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation Trust and the charity sector
- To build an informal network of contacts with other grant giving charities.
- Attend Board or other meetings to brief the Trustees on grant making issues.
- Maintain a professional awareness of sector trends and developments, implementing changes and improvements to the service and delivery as appropriate.
- Maintain an awareness and ensure compliance with guidance around use of personal data and financial transactions.
- To maintain contact and open communication with grant applicants throughout the period of grant enabled activity to gain insight; encourage partnership working and to help them to take full advantage of the grant.
- To ensure that grant recipients deliver project reports/evaluation on time.
- To work alongside the Head Enterprise Management to forecast the financial year allocation of the grants budget across various rounds, projects or funding initiatives; monitor actual commitment against forecast; prepare year end reconciliation by application, grant type or theme.
- To liaise with the Finance Department in the delivery of monthly grant payment and quarterly reconciliation of outstanding grants awaiting payment.
- To develop a database of potential grant applicants (charities, groups and projects) and proactively work with them to encourage new and innovative applications.
- Any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- A Law or Finance Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven experience of grant making ideally within a community setting
- Extensive knowledge of the fundraising and grant making sector
- A confident team player with a positive outlook who is able to engage and build rapport
- Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills in financial management, organizational management and governance necessary for strengthening clients and stakeholder’s capacity.
- Strong relationship management experience with the ability to effectively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders at the highest levels.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate line reports Good administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent networking skills and ability to develop relationships
- The presence and personality to operate successfully as an ambassador for the Aig- Imoukhuede Foundation
- Proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirement to: hr@Aigafrica.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 13th December, 2021.