Utilities Instrument Technician at International Breweries Plc
International Breweries Plc - Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Utilities Instrument Technician
Ref No: 30020979
Loaction: Onitsha, Anambra
Job Type: Full time
Key Purpose Statement
- The Primary Function of this role is to Perform optimization / modifications of process control systems. Supports the installations of process control systems.
- Maintain, calibrate, repair equipment, optimize brewery plant equipment and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Locate plant, equipment, spares, and relevant documentation / systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Apply 5S standards and practices in the workplace
- Operate and control the process according to SOP’s
- Conduct autonomous maintenance
- Manage quality at source
- Improve personal competence and flexibility
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimize) plant, process equipment and systems
- Operate plant and process equipment
- Calibrate instruments
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc. / HND in Electrical Engineering.
- 2 Years on the job training with SKAP completed.
Traits & Competences Required:
- Interpret process description specifications and conduct modifications /optimisations of process control software as per specifications and software standards. Identify process control software deviations and resolve or recommend solutions.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Maintain working knowledge of new technology instrumentation, software, etc., through reading and/or attending conferences, workshops or other training.
- Provide engineering/projects support and recommendations for new and existing equipment about installation, upgrades, and enhancement.
- Troubleshoot Brewing and E&F as well as Packaging process control systems when required.
- Support the process control software change management process.
- Maintain process control software integrity and security.
- Support the development of and upgrade preventative maintenance procedures for process control systems.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter with high energy levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player.
- Display initiative and ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organisation, within a team environment and with suppliers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th August, 2022.
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
- In accordance with AB InBev duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe for of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations, we require all new appointments to be vaccinated as a condition of employment at our company