Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancies at Sustainable TransEnvironment International Foundation,27th February, 2019
Vacancies at Sustainable TransEnvironment International Foundation,27th February, 2019
Feb 28, 2019, 7:24 AM
Sustainable TransEnvironment International Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization implementing social development programmes to promote sustainable environmental practices and empowerment of women and young people in communities. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Program Officer - Intern Location: Makurdi and Environs, Benue Grade: Middle level Department: Programmes Status: Full-time Reporting to: Program Manager, STEi Foundation Job Description
- The potential candidate will assist in to plan, organize, direct and implement tasks for the achievement of STEi Foundation’s goals as assigned by the Programme Manager, he/she may provide lead/ direction to volunteers and part-time or temporary employees.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. project reports, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of achieving assigned objectives.
- Assists Programme Manager in coordinating a variety of projects, functions and/or program components for the purpose of achieving organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents for the purpose of providing up-to-date information in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of Programme Manager for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting organizational objectives.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees and Programme Manager.
- Prepares a variety of documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, event programs, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in compliance SOPs.
- Processes documents and materials in compliance with SOPs.
- Represents Programme Manager in his/her absence in order to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Researches a variety of topics for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations and/or addressing a variety of organizational requirements.
- Under the supervision of the PM, reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Quality of Contribution Made in Completing Projects
- Quality, timeliness and adequacy of support provided to Programme Manager
- Turnaround time in responding to assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Number of complaints arising from handling assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Soundness of judgment and initiative in resolving difficulties arising from assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Exhibits required and observable combination of knowledge, skills and attitude to meet role objectives and deliver on stipulated responsibilities.
- Passes information, ideas and intent across to others easily using both verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Works well with others, even outside own department, to achieve organizational goals and resolve problems.
- Sets a course of action to accomplish specific goal(s), with proper resource allocation and management.
- Able to motivate, encourage and manage the activities of others towards the achievement of stated goals and objectives.
- Displays sufficient level of enthusiasm and passion about helping others, impacting society positively and aiding the work of STEI
- This internship is open to current NYSC member, recent graduates, and college students.
- This is a part-time/Full-time paid internship.
- Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities.
- This internship will benefit someone who is interested in making a career in the social development or NGO sector, education and youth development
- At least one year work experience in a similar role in a reputable not-for-profit organization. Grant-making experience would be strongly preferred
- Report to and work closely with the Program Officer of STEi Foundation
- Co-ordinated the day to day administrative and financial operations of the office, including procurement management
- Prepared and analyzed monthly financial statements of the company and budget preparation and monitoring.
- Maintained banking transactions of the organization and ensure good relationship with the bank & take advantage of benefits.
- Prepared monthly budget reports showing actual, forecasts and variances
- Took particular responsibility of keeping records, postings into the accounting platform and finalization of Accounts
- Ensured the proper filing and safe keeping of all supporting documents for review by both external and internal auditors.
- Ensured the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly report of Accounts
- Submit to PO timely informative reports, summarizing progress made in implementation of activities, lessons learnt, and recommendations for improvement including ad hoc reports and human interest stories that may be needed towards outputs and objectives of the STEi Foundation
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Support the identification of potential new and better-fit approaches that can be developed
- She/he must have up to 1-2 years’ experience in Project Cycle Management and managing organizational resources with excellent analytical professional report writing capacity.
- Proven track record of financial management, capacity building/training for stakeholders including at community level and for local institutions
- Solid knowledge and understanding of community-based approaches to development
- A team player, analytical thinker, innovator and strategic thinker
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, and prioritization skills
- Strong facilitation, diplomatic, and interpersonal skills
- Good command of writing in English
- Excellent communication and team-working skills with the ability to build good relations, both internally and externally
- Good computer knowledge with command of MS Office packages
- Ability to facilitate training to community-based organizations
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse and performance related environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Gender and intercultural sensitivity
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Positive outlook and stand-alone disposition
- Adaptable and responsive disposition relative to the demands and development of the project
- Academic Qualifications:
- First degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, Humanities or Sciences
- Committed to STEi Foundation’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Knowledge and understanding of working with Community-Based Organizations
- Experience in the development space and a project management certification are an added advantage
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- STEI is an equal opportunities organization, women and other marginalized groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts