Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Vacancy at Christian Aid (CA) for an Income Generating Activities (IGA) Support Officer
Vacancy at Christian Aid (CA) for an Income Generating Activities (IGA) Support Officer
Feb 13, 2019, 1:48 AM
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Income Generating Activities (IGA) Support Officer Location: Maiduguri, Borno Department: International Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contracted Hours: 35 Contract Length: 6 months Expected Travel Per Annum: 60 days Role Purpose
- To contribute to Christian Aid Livelihood and Resilience program in Borno state, by specifically supporting the effective implementation of CAID Livelihood response in Monguno Local Government Areas, Borno state
- The Income Generating Activities (IGA) Support Officer will be stationed in Christian Aid office, in Monguno with possible deployment to other locations within Borno state. The IGA Support Officer will focus on all Income Generating Activities by working in close collaboration with other field staff to ensure that all livelihood related programme issues are implemented in a coordinated manner. S/he be responsible for ensuring the implementation of IGA and Village Saving & Loans (VSLA) activities ranging from targeting to distribution of items and related training by coordinating with staff on the field and all stakeholders. Monitor how IGA beneficiaries progress
- Support the team to conduct beneficiaries targeting and sensitization on IGA and other livelihood activities in implementing locations.
- Be the focal point for all IGA and VSLA activities within the implementing location.
- Prepare activities reports according to the agreed timeline and relevant templates.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the other Livelihood Programme Coordinator
- Mobilize beneficiaries for participation in all project related activities.
- Support the team in organization of trainings
- Prepare necessary documentation and reporting for activities implemented in accordance with donor and CA rules and regulations.
- Follow up with beneficiaries and groups to ensure timely implementation of communal activities.
- Support with the implementation of VSLA activities in Monguno
- Support work plan development with all stakeholders for better project coordination’s.
- External: The role holder should be able to ensure coordination with partners, donors, government and other stakeholders in the implementation of both IGA and VSLA activities
- Internal:The role holder should be able to ensure coordination and support both IGA and VSLA field activities at field level
- The ability to make day to day decisions on issues around field activities to assist in the administration and smooth running of both IGA and VSLA project activities
- Analytical skills desirable to perform day to day field support responsibilities
- Typically involved in developing others’ skills by directing project work or in coaching and mentoring beneficiaries.
- May have the direct responsibility for developing, coaching and motivating volunteers, group leaders and community management project committee, undertakes performance reviews and development of action plans to improve the performance of others, whether staff or volunteers.
- HND in Business Administration, Accounting, Entrepreneurship or Social Works
- Minimum 1year experience setting up and implementing livelihoods or income generating projects preferably with an NGO in a host community or IDP setting
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other relevant computer applications,
- A keen understanding of business/enterprise development and development issues including Groups Savings and Loan approaches
- Able to adapt to changing program priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem-solving capabilities
- Hands-on community mobilization skills
- Experience in working in harsh climatic conditions and ability to communicate fluently in (Hausa and Kanuri) language will be an added advantage
- Skills or training in basic bookkeeping or administration is desirable
- Prior experience working with local governments and stakeholders in the implementation of projects
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in Entrepreneurship, Food Security and Livelihoods intervention
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with the culture of conflict and/or disaster-affected populations, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on sanitation and hygiene matters.
- Fluency in the language of the working area (Hausa) is appreciated and the international language used in the humanitarian operation
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts