Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Vacancy for a Logistics Specialist in an International Oil Company in Lagos
Vacancy for a Logistics Specialist in an International Oil Company in Lagos
May 22, 2019, 10:25 PM
SellaField Energy Resources Limited - Our client, a major IOC currently operating in Nigeria is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Logistics Specialist I Location: Lagos Main Functions
- Logistics Specialist provides subject matter expertise to operating teams. Expert resource for Logistics and may include aviation, marine, shore base, ground transportation and camp services to deliver safe reliable and cost efficient logistic services. Demonstrates good planning, scheduling, coordination and administration skills and able to influence without authority at all levels within an organization. Logistics Specialist may cover some or all of the responsibilities listed below.
- Implements operations and maintenance design philosophies including project specifications.
- Provides technical support and coordination of Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS), Global Product Quality Management System (GPQMS)/Global Product Integrity Management System (GPIMS), Hydrocarbon Controls Practices (HCP) matters, Unit Internal Assessment (UIA), and audit preparation.
- Provides technical support and coordination of risk assessments, incident investigation and conceptual and pre-Front End Engineering Design (FEED) studies.
- Provides support and logistic assistance to the local Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- May provide support for fixed asset inventories of Logistics Assets.
- May support and coordinate aviation services including Personnel Tracking, Flight Scheduling, Aircraft Fueling, Aviation Communication, Helicopter Landing Operations (HLO) Duties and Operations, ERT Duties.
- May support and coordinate Marine services including Personnel Tracking, Vessel Scheduling, Marine Fuel Mgmt., Marine Communication, Cargo Transfers, ERT Duties.
- May support and coordinate Shore Base services including Material Handling/Tracking, Yard Operations/Security, Cargo Transfers, Fuel Mgmt., Dangerous Goods and Waste Mgmt., ERT Duties.
- May support and coordinate Ground Transportation services including Vehicle Scheduling/Maintenance/Tracking/Apply aspects of Passenger & Service Vehicle Safety Management Guide (PVMG)/Apply guidelines from Security, ERT Duties.
- Supports coordination of cost management and productivity improvement plans.
- Supports operating teams troubleshoot complex issues and may provide operations assistance during peak loads.
- Provides technical support and input to training development and delivery.
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives.
- Supports Operations Management as requested.
- Shares Best Practices and provides feedback for enhancement.
- Participates in company networks.
- Supports logistics teams troubleshooting issues.
- Provides support to ensure all Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Export Controls requirements are met.
- 5-10 years working experience in a similar role in the Oil and Gas company
- Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, applied learning, effective communication, sound decision-making
- Functional Skills: Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) management - operations and maintenance, managing critical operations, operations - specific technology and unit or area, maintenance management, logistics, general marine operations.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other Technical degree with atleast a Second Class Upper. Candidates with a Second Class Lower can also apply if they have concluded a Masters Degree.
- Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills; able to network effectively across organizations.
- Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.
- Kindly read through the qualifications carefully before proceeding with your application, as only qualified candidates will be shortlisted
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts