Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Maritime > Vacancy for an IT Application Administrator at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
Vacancy for an IT Application Administrator at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
May 16, 2019, 11:46 PM
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminals to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the worldThis has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities. We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: IT Application Administrator Ref.: AT-212456 Location: Onne, Rivers Key Responsibilities
- Comply with APM Terminals IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of Group IT Applications as well as the development and deployment of applications specific to the Terminal
- Ensure that for any service related to the TOS a backup plan exists, implemented and tested periodically.
- Ensure maintenance, proper functioning of test and staging environments and ensure replication with production data on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the IT Manager in the implementation of reporting and dashboard generation solutions based on various business application (TOS, Termview, LIFT ..).
- Provide first-level maintenance and interactions with the fingerprint and time & attendance system' supplier and maintain permanent availability of the services.
- Work with the various project implementation teams in the implementation of internal systems.
- Work with various departments to improve manual processes through the use of automation tools and ensure proper functioning and regular maintenance of locally developed software
- Offer or develop solutions for improving business tools in order to satisfy customers and/or internal users.
- Execute, under the supervision of the IT Manager, software maintenance plan, the TOS database Maintenance plan and other related databases as well as DB replication process maintenance.
- Monitor and manage interface and integrations of solutions to the Terminal Operating System (TOS) and their interactions with the TOS database.
- Assist in the planning and execution of specific applications projects as initiated by the manager.
- Solve serious problems in a timely manner.
- Know how to communicate complex / sensitive information with sensitivity.
- Communicate effectively with users to identify alternative needs and solutions.
- Trace lessons learned and share them with team members.
- Train end-users to use new solutions (within their area of intervention).
- Communicate with other users to solve problems with software and their functioning.
- Follow with the procurement department any assigned order, from the expression of the need to the delivery of the material or service.
- Ensure the management of IT security, access to all IT systems and scrupulous follow-up of the access management procedure.
- Assist in the management of network security at the company level as established by Group IT Security.
- Ensure that anti-virus software is up-to-date and security updates are routinely performed on servers and computers to provide the necessary security across the entire infrastructure.
- Raise users' awareness periodically about IT security risks.
- Execute the assigned tasks by the Help Desk or the IT Manager.
- Manage daily internal interaction with customers and / or internal users.
- Make attractive presentations well organized to share information.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with 03 years of experience in IT.
- Have deep programming skills (Web and desktop applications).
- Have advanced skills in database management (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL).
- Being able to anticipate users' needs and provide solutions; constantly think about their satisfaction and be sensitive to the needs of other departments.
- Being able to work actively and simultaneously on several projects.
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication in English.
- Being good at time management because having to work in a demanding and constantly
- changing environment.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Strong experience on failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity.
- Have knowledge of IT security.
- Have a good knowledge of Linux and Unix operating systems, as well as a deep knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to respect confidentiality clauses and act with discretion.
- Have initiative mindset, be a good self-starter and proactive.
- Be able to exercise good judgment and set priorities.
- An exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational company that makes global trade happen.
- You will be interacting daily with colleagues locally and internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment.
- We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and further learning on the job.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts