Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Vacancy For Medical Logistic Assistant at the International Committee of the Red Cross, 12th February, 2019
Vacancy For Medical Logistic Assistant at the International Committee of the Red Cross, 12th February, 2019
Feb 12, 2019, 5:46 PM
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below: Job Title: Medical Logistics Assistant Location: Abuja Job Description
- Supply-Chain Administrator 1 (in the Synergy system environment) or Customer Service Desk Officer 1 (in the OSCAR system environment) ensures that requests are handled efficiently and effectively to meet needs in the field.
- S/he also makes information about potential or firm orders available to other logistics staff and those requesting services.
- Conducts monthly and annual physical stock counts according to ICRC procedures.
- Ensures that cold chain equipment is working properly and that daily monitoring is in place.
- Provides the purchasing team with details of requested product with coordination with customers
- Liaises with the Health team concerning medical logistics matters and health related programs on the field.
- Replaces the (mobile) Medical Logistician when needed.
- Assists with briefing and training of the new Health and Medical Logistics staff.
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
- Be aware that may be asked to work during weekend, early in the morning or late in the evening if necessary
- Provides Medical Logistics support to ICRC programmes in Nigeria in accordance with ICRC logistics standards and best practices.
- Handles current medical logistics supply chain activities for ICRC medium/big operation with in the country and/or for specific sectors, including customer services.
- Handles specific logistical files independently
- Implements and runs basic logistic procedures
- Negotiates basic contractual matters with external interlocutors
- Receives, registers and reviews (medical) orders.
- Manages, maintains and updates the Executes administrative tasks.
- Logistics software systems (JDE).
- Follows the medical national items list in collaboration with Medical Logistician.
- Order and inventory management is a must.
- Good command of written and spoken English and local languages.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel is a must).
- Methodical person.
- University education in Business Management or equivalent (Logistics is an asset).
- 3 - 5 years' work experience in similar function.
- Good knowledge in Good Distribution/Storage Practices is a plus.
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts