West Africa Security Manager at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: West Africa Security Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Our Security team's greatest responsibility is the protection of our people, our workplaces, our communities and the continuity of our business.
- We think strategically, execute programs locally and build resilience globally.
- As a team we work holistically, to mitigate and manage complex risks through the delivery of proactive risk-based mitigation measures and effective security solutions.
Lead a team that keeps us safe and secure:
- As the West Africa Security Manager, you will be the focal point for advice on security matters across all business and operating activities in West Africa
- You will monitor the delivery of our services and identify areas of risk to help strengthen our organisation
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure robust security programs and alignment with the risk profile across the region.
As West Africa Security Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a risk-based country security program by conducting regular threat and risk-assessments to identify and implement cost-effective security mitigation solutions
- Overseeing and participating in audits of vendors, contractors, customers and facilities to identify risks and follow-up mitigation plans
- Ensuring all security incidents are reported, investigated and reviewed to ensure timely resolution
- Providing technical expertise to customer security requirements during the tender process evaluation
- Ensuring appropriate crisis management and security awareness training needs are identified to deliver the relevant specific programs and training to our business
- Performing and facilitating security assessments and emergency response drills to review, document and implement additional risk controls.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Have at least 12 years experience in the domain of security, physical and threat assessment
- Show a good understanding of security technology and knowledge of current security issues and related laws.
- Experience in developing and enhancing security programs
- Display an aptitude for building and maintaining trusted relationships within a global-matrix environment
- Demonstrate good analytical and computer skills
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate (please indicate clearly on your resume).
- Demonstrate good written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating in difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Have experience in conducting investigations into asset loss, thefts, criminal misconduct, intellectual property theft and serious violations of policy
Work in a Way that Works for You
- We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is pivotal to the security and the safety of our workforce, operations and locations. There is an ability to work from home when not on-site or travelling for business reasons
- This role may require working at locations across the world.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply