Office Supervisor Interview Questions
Office Supervisors, also known as Office Managers, oversee administrative tasks in an office to ensure that they are performed adequately and in a timely manner. Office Supervisors perform administrative tasks such as filing, producing reports and ordering office supplies.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Office Supervisor or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Office Supervisor position,
these Office Supervisor interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Office Supervisor Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Office Supervisor interview questions.
- How do you plan your schedule for the day?
- What do you think the primary roles of an office manager are?
- You have to maintain the existing filing system. How would you ensure all records are updated and easily accessed?
- Describe your range of responsibilities at your previous position
- What office management software are you proficient at using?
- How have you used computers in administrative or clerical work?
- Describe what you would classify as an office crisis. How did you deal with it?
- What is your experience with managing office budgets?
- How do you keep track of office resources? (e.g. documents, office supplies)
- How would you increase efficiency and minimize errors? Support with experiences.
- What did you do to ensure the security of office records at your last organization?
- What administrative process worked well at your last position? What didn’t work so well?
- If you could change one thing about the way offices are currently run, what would it be?
- How have you ensured the adoption of a new procedure throughout an organization?
- While managers are in a meeting, an impatient customer comes in and demands to see someone. What do you do?
- How do you handle employee requests for confidential information?
- What’s the most challenging thing about being an office supervisor / manager?
- How would you communicate with management in stressful conditions?
- In what ways have you worked with your team to increase productivity?
- Describe your approach to conducting training sessions with employees.
- Do you have experience placing supply orders and doing inventory checks for essential office supplies?
- We want to improve our communication channels between employees. Give me an example of how you would do that.
- The office supervisor is in charge of helping their coworkers accomplish their workplace needs. How do you track requests from colleagues working in your office?
- What factors do you use to determine the priority of your tasks each day?
- Are you comfortable working with confidential information about your colleagues?
- How do you promote a positive company culture through your actions as office supervisor?
- Have you ever managed multiple phone lines at once?
- Part of an office manager’s duties is to write memos and type other information. How many words can you type per minute?
- How do you politely turn away solicitors who want to make a sale at your office?
- What would you do if a coworker asked for help with a task that you didn’t know how to complete?
- What sets you apart from other office supervisors we may be interviewing for this position?
Office Supervisor Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Office Supervisor interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Why Should We Hire You?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?