Physiotherapist Job Description
Job Descriptions > Healthcare and Medical > Physiotherapist
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Physiotherapist? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Physiotherapist? What does a Physiotherapist do?
Job Description of a Physiotherapist
Physiotherapists treat patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing. They treat people of all ages including children, the elderly, stroke patients and people with sports injuries.
Physiotherapists work with patients to identify and improve their movement and function. They help promote their patients’ health and wellbeing, and assist the rehabilitation process by developing and restoring body systems, in particular the neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
They devise and review treatment programmes, comprising manual therapy, movement, therapeutic exercise and the application of technological equipment, e.g. ultrasound.
Physiotherapists also provide advice on how to avoid injury. Physiotherapists work in a range of settings, including hospitals, health centres, industry, private practices and sports clubs.
Physiotherapist Duties and Responsibilities
Physiotherapist job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Evaluate patients to determine whether physiotherapy interventions are necessary
- Assess patients in accordance with the professional practice guidelines and standards
- Treat patients with movement disorders that were acquired through injury or have been present since birth
- Regularly measure patient progress by looking for signs of decreased stiffness, pain, and discomfort
- Refer patients to other specialists for massages, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, or other specialized treatments
- Recommend new tools and equipment to assist patients with regular exercise
- Evaluate effects of therapy treatment and communicate patients' progress
- Record and document patient care services
- Collaborate with other team personnel to achieve well-rounded care
Physiotherapist Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Physiotherapist job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Experience working as a Physiotherapist.
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Compassionate and friendly personality
- Critical thinker and problem solver
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Physiotherapist starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Physiotherapist job description sample to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Physiotherapist may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Physiotherapist Job Description