VoIP Network Engineer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > VoIP Network Engineer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a VoIP Network Engineer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a VoIP Network Engineer? What does a VoIP Network Engineer do?
Job Description of a VoIP Network Engineer
VoIP Network Engineers are responsible for installing, configuring, and managing Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems within companies. Their job is to define and deploy the companies' in-house IP telephone communication systems, including their software architecture and hardware components.
VoIP Network Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
VoIP Network Engineer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Meeting with IT Managers do determine the company’s networking needs.
- Analyzing existing VoIP networks and computer systems.
- Developing architecture plans for voice and data services.
- Installing network hardware modules including IP and PBX communication servers.
- Adding network users and managing company permissions.
- Optimizing network installations for future expansion.
- Training staff on network and system protocols.
- Designing and implementing Cisco Unity systems.
- Troubleshooting VoIP network issues.
- Analyzing and upgrading network security systems and protocols.
VoIP Network Engineer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
VoIP Network Engineer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field.
- Previous experience working as a VoIP Network Engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of VoIP systems and IP Protocols.
- Familiarity with WAN and LAN systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of hardware systems including servers, memory modules, processors, and peripherals.
- Detailed knowledge of network security systems and software.
- Good project management skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal VoIP Network Engineer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this VoIP Network Engineer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a VoIP Network Engineer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to VoIP Network Engineer Job Description