Web Developer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > Web Developer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Web Developer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Web Developer? What does a Web Developer do?
Job Description of a Web Developer
Web Developers are generally responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client's specifications. They are typically responsible for the appearance, of the site and technical aspects, such as site speed and how much traffic the site can handle. Web developers may also create site content that requires technical features.
They are sometimes known a web designer or full-stack developer if they can do both front-end and back-end development.
Web Developer Duties and Responsibilities
Web Developer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
Web Developer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Web Developer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- BSc. in computer science or a related field
- x years of experience in Web Developing or similar role
- x years of experience with Backbone.js, JSON and MVC templating
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar tools
- Experience using open-source technologies
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- x years of experience with WordPress, MySQL, PHP, .NET, Apache server configuration
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Understanding of web analytics
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Web Developer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Web Developer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Web Developer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Web Developer Job Description