The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the Financial Assistant position in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Nigeria office in Abuja.
Job Title: Financial Assistant – FSN-7/FP – 7
Basic function of the position:
The incumbent, under the supervision of the Financial Analyst, CDC Nigeria, provides accounting and financial support. In this capacity, the incumbent performs accounting and financial analysis to support efficient operations meeting U.S. Government accounting and procurement practices. The incumbent implements systems to manage funds, implements internal financial controls to ensure the efficient use of financial resources participates in the formulation of program and administrative operating budgets and conducts general assessments and financial analyses of CDC Nigeria financial data and reports. Duties also include preparing financial status reports for Post held and Atlanta based funds, audit of procurement and travel vouchers and working with the U.S. Embassy Financial Management Office (FMO) staff to liquidate obligations and close open transactions. Incumbent serves as a sub-casher with responsibility for petty cash.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission website at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Auditing, or Finance Accounting, Banking and Finance with professional certification (ICAN, ACCA) is required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of budget development, execution and analysis, including technical procedures and methods for computing and reporting for financial programs.
- Must possess advance personal computer skills with proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, auditing, or financially oriented business management. The incumbent must have at least 2 years of experience in an international organization in a financial or accounting setting and at least 2 years as an auditor.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N2, 957,362 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM/EFM/MOH – US$34,324
(Starting Salary) p.a.
Position Grade: FP-07
Application Closing Date:
13th February, 2014
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov