Job Title: Telecommunications Assistant
Basic Function of the Position:
This Incumbent manages the day to day telecommunication operations for American Consulate Lagos, Nigeria. S/he ensures that all telecommunication circuitry for governmental and residence are operational and functional at all times. All other duties as assigned by the IPO, ISO, or IMS from IPC.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with Telecommunications Company in a technical capacity with at least two of those years spent in a supervisory position is required.
- Must have ability to work independently and efficiently in stress situations particularly with mid to high level NITEL officials.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with NITEL technical staff and managers, possess effective English language writing skills for the preparation of letters and factual reports.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in Hausa, Igbo or
- Yoruba language is required.
- Must have an intimate knowledge of NITEL technical and supervisory operations and organizational structure.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: Or–Ordinarily Resident–N3, 810,106 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$45,185 EFM/MOH – US$38,779 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06
Application Closing Date:
17th June, 2014
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area