Job Title: Procurement Clerk
Basic Function of the Position:
This position is responsible for the facilitation of delivery of
procurement services to the entire Mission. The incumbent is responsible
for providing administrative and clerical support to the Contracting
and Procurement office, as well as maintaining and managing procurement
and invoice trackers. S/he will serve as sectional occasional cash
holder and visit local sources for petty cash purchases.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion
detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting
each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science or Business Studies is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets and Power Point with level II typing speed (40 words per minute) is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in clerical/administrative work is required.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
- Good customer service skills are required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N2,629,038 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$36,111 EFM/MOH – US$30,991 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of
degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Application Deadline 29th September, 2014