The Nigerian Navy wishes to inform the general public and all interested candidates that the online registration for the 2014 Recruitment Exercise commences today, 27 October 2014 and closes on 30 November 2014.
a. Possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and Mathematics inclusive)
b. Be between the ages of 18-22 years while 24years is the acceptable limit for those with OND, NCE, Nurses etc. Candidates with higher qualification than the once specified in the guidelines should not apply
c. Applicants must be single and of Nigerian Origin by birth
d. Required height of 1.7m for male and 1.67m for female
e. Check for full detailed instruction below
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR INTERESTED CANDIDATES TO NOTE
1. The recruitment exercise will commence with an aptitude test and screening of certificates of candidates at designated centres for various states nationwide from 8-12 December 2014. You are advised to carefully read the instruction page on the website or call the following support lines from 9am to 4pm on working days: 08124511398 and 08159999011.
2. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them on the recruitment exercise.
Rear Admiral DO Osuofa
for Chief of the Naval Staff
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Registration starts on the 27 October 2014 and ends on the 30 November 2014.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR 2014 RECRUITMENT INTO THE NIGERIAN NAVY.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
1. Candidates should possess any of the following educational and/Professional qualifications (see Guide to Candidates on Educational Requirements for Entry Category):
a) West African School Certificate/Senior Secondary School Certificate.
b) General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
c) WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
d) Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
e) Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
f) All candidates must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
g) Candidates are to note that entry requirement into the following categories is SSCE or equivalent: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, H. Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the branch and not for advancement. See the guide for details.
2. Any candidate possessing higher educational/professional qualification, i.e. HND, BA,/BSC etc other than those stated in paragraph 1 (a-g) should not apply. Candidates are therefore warned that it is an offence to declare false education/professional qualification. This attracts outright withdrawal or dismissal.
3. Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted during the recruitment exercise is not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of branch or advancement while in the Naval service. Only qualifications obtained through proper service provisions are tenable after joining.
4. Applicants must be between the age of 18 – 21 years at the time of entry into the Training school for school certificate holders, while age 24 years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE etc.
5. Applicants must not be married.
6. Candidate is required to print out Parent/Guardian consent Form and Local Government attestation form.
7. Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
8. Candidates with any of the following problems are NOT to apply: short sight, ear problem, previous orthopedic operation, flat foot, below the required height (Male 1.70m, female 1.67m), fracture, stammering, or any natural disability.
9. Applicants must be free from any previous conviction by court of law on criminal charges.
10. Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents.
a) Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
b) Photocopies of Credentials.
c) Duly completed identification form to be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent and above from candidate’s State of Origin.
d) Duly completed Parent Consent form to be signed by Candidate’s Parent or Guardian.
e) Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by (C) above
f) Candidates are advised to bring the scratch cards of their NECO AND WAEC results to the recruitment centres.
11. The completed application form is to be submitted online.
12. Candidates will be required to produce original of all copies of credentials listed in paragraph 1 before recruitment.
13. Any candidate suspected to have impersonated, forged or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the recruitment exercise. Such candidate shall also be handed over to the police for prosecution.
14. The period of Aptitude Test and Certificate Screening is 8 – 12 December 2014
15. COMPUTER LITERACY IS AN ADDED ADVANTAGE FOR ALL CANDIDATES.
GUIDE TO CANDIDATES ON EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY CATEGORY
A 1 – Marine Engineer Artificer
OND in Marine or Mechanical Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
A2 – Weapon Electrical Artificers
OND in Electrical Electronic Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/ equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
A3-Aircraft Engineering Artificers (Airframe Engine)
Certificate/Diploma in Airframe &Engine recognized by ICAO and must also posses SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
A4 – Aircraft Engineering Artificers (Avionics & Aircraft Electrics, Electrical / Electronics)
Qualification: Certificate/Diploma in Aircraft Electrics & Avionics recognized by ICAO and must possess SSCE equivalent with 5 credits, inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry .
A5 – Hull Engineer Artificers
OND in Marine or Mechanical Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/ equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
B1 – Marine Engineer Mechanics
SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Also intermediate City & Guilds or Trade Test II could be considered. Technical biasness is an advantage
B2 – Weapon Electrical Mechanics
SSCE/ equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Also intermediate City & Guilds or Trade Test II could be considered, technical bias is an advantage.
B3 – Hull Mechanical/Fitters
As in B1 and B2 with additional trade in plumbing, welding, machining or woodwork.
B4 – Automobile Mechanics
As it is in B1
B5 – Dockyard Mechanics
As it is in B1
SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language, Maths and Physics.
C2 – Information Technology
OND in Computer Studies, Programming or Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess 5 Credits inclusive of English Language and Maths.
D1 – Seaman
SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language and Maths.
D2 – Survey Recorders
OND in Land Survey, Cartography, Geographic Information System (at least Lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics or Geography or Technical Drawing.
D3 – Physical Training Instructors
SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits Inclusive of English. Interest and proven talents in sports as well as evidence of participation in sports at Secondary School/State/YSFON level is required.
D4 – Chaplain Assistants
SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language and Christian Religious Knowledge. Two years experience as clergy/church worker as well as letter of recommendation by 2 Clerics/churches recognized by the NN is required.
D5 – Mosque Assistants
SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of Arabic, Islamic Religious Knowledge and English Language. Two years experience as Imam/Mosque attendant as well as letter of recommendation by 2 Islamic clerics/organizations recognized by the NN is required.
D6 – Firemen
SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested members of the public are requested to note the following information on method of application.
a. Apply online at the recruitment portal www.joinnigeriannavy.com using
a recruitment e-voucher purchased with a bank card issued by any
Nigerian bank or voucher purchased from any branch of Union Bank or
Unity Bank nationwide at the sum of One Thousand Naira (N1,000:00) only
b. Log on to the above mentioned link using the serial number of the voucher as username and the pin number as the password
c. Complete the application form, submit online and print a copy each
d. Come along to the designated examination and recruitment centers with copies of their online completed Forms.
Preparing for the aptitude test? Get authentic Nigerian Navy Past Questions