Basic Function of the Position:
is responsible for examining for problems, repairing and performing
safety checks and periodic maintenance on all consulate boats. This
position may be assigned duties at various consulate facilities and must
be willing to learn vehicle repairs and train other mechanics on boat
applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion in the
application letter or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Certification in marine engines training is required .
- Ability to diagnose, service and repair boats and their accessories is required.
- Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license to operate light vehicles and trucks.
of five (5) years professional experience with different types of
marine boats, including American made boats is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired
under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for
advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually
Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance
Report are not eligible to apply.
Salary: or – Ordinary Resident – N3,154,846.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$36,111 EFM/MOH – US$30,991 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for
this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised.
Please reference the job title and announcement number on the
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees
earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the
position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail)
submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit
attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th October, 2014