Saro, is the leading company in the Agribusiness Value Chain and
Consumer Goods in Nigeria; and West and Central Africa with special
interest in Inputs-Provision (crop protection, fertilizers, hybrid
seeds, farm mechanisation), Sourcing, Origination and Processing).
We are focused on creating wealth for our Shareholders, and
stakeholders, through increasing agricultural output and yield, and
creating market access for our farming communities and customers, in a
socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of IT
- Successful candidate must be a strategic thinker who will both
plan and lead the strategic management of the group’s Information
Technology and Information Management Functions.This includes delivery
of cutting-edge technology to support the business in the medium-long
term and reduce our cost to serve, and management of systems and
infrastructure, both external and internal facing.
Also, successful candidate must be able to:
- Provide a track-record of successful implementation of projects
relating to end-to-end business process automation and change-over from
an old system to another. He/she must be able to work under pressure and
utilise project management methodology effectively.
- Manage and develop relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders and vendors
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- Make clear recommendations to Committee of Directors regarding IT policy and procedures.
- Should understand standard language for accessing databases (SQL)
- Lead with a pro-active and innovative approach to work, manage
technical team with clear structure and processes for the unit and be a
good team player
- Prepare and execute a Cross-SARO Technology Strategy in line with corporate aspirations.
- Have large awareness of the current Information and
communication technology and how it applies to Saro business
environment. He/she must also be passionate about seeking information
about the future in the IT world.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Special Skills/Key Behavioural Competencies
- Must have excellent analytical abilities,
- Sound technical knowledge
- Strong IT skills.
- A high level of professional and personal integrity is required.
- B.Sc Computer Sciences and Related
- Must have minimum of five (5) years cognate experience
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Age: 30- 35
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online