Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst/Auditor – FSN-10/FP-05 (Step 5)
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Senior Financial Management Specialist, the incumbent is responsible for the full range of financial analysis functions for assigned strategic/development grants.
- The job holder is the primary representative of the CDC finance team to assigned cooperative agreements and performs comprehensive financial reviews and analysis of implementing partners and Federal Ministry of Health business systems with cooperative agreements/projects.
- The incumbent as a senior technical professional provides the technical team, the CDC implementing partners/contractors and CDC management team financial support and technical advice.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of University Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Auditing, Economics or Finance with professional qualification of CPA/ACCA/ACA (ICAN) focused on financial management is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of accounting and
generally accepted accounting principles and standards and knowledge of
government auditing standards is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of
government and nongovernmental business institution with regard to
financing, accounting, budgeting and reporting is required.
- Advanced personal computer skills with experience using word
processing and spreadsheets and intermediate level experience in data
analysis and data entry is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible professional work experience in financial analysis, budgeting, auditing, accounting or financially oriented business management, of which 3 years must be experience in auditing is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Language Proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N6,446,680.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM/EFM/MOH – US$49,311 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-5/5
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 17th July, 2015.