Established in 1915, Helen Keller International (HKI) works to
save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We
combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by
establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health
Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts
programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United
Since 1999, HKI has supported programs in the area of
neglected tropical disease control, nutrition and eye health. Currently
Helen Keller International (HKI) works in 12 states of the federation
through its partnership with state governments and stakeholders at
Job Title: Drivers
Secondary Education; valid Driver’s license
1-2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record;
knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle
Fluency in Hausa will be an added advantage.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Officer, the Driver
provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of
work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of
responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of
different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the HKI, Katsina office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The driver will provide technical support to:
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
a) Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel within and outside Katsina.
b) Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and
c) Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through
timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of
oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle
insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country,
first aid kit, necessary spare parts
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
6. Prompt completion of log books.
7. Sorting and distribution of mail as required;
8. Perform minor office moves which will include moving pieces of office furniture and PCs. Etc as and when required
9. The vehicle is garaged overnight in the official car park and the keys are secure;
All necessary reports are completed in connection with any accident and
the driver must report this situation to the supervisor immediately
How to apply
All applicants should submit electronically forwarding the following underlisted in attachment to email@example.com :
1. A curriculum vitae, which should indicate at minimum applicant’s
qualification and dates obtained; previous work experience and dates;
age and referees
2. A covering letter
3. Subject of email should be DRIVER/ DFID-UTD
Deadline for submission of application is on Wednesday, 28th October 2015
Kindly note that:
- Applications received after 5pm on the day will not be considered.
- Only applications submitted electronically shall be considered