FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently
seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical
Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation-CQI & PHE
FHI 360 is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer- Logistics
Job ID: 16659
Area: Global Health, Population & Nutrition
- The Technical Officer (HSS & Logistics) will assist the
Senior Technical officer Logistics in the development of FHI 360
in-house capacity among the various departments, implementing agencies
(IAs) and all tiers of government in all aspects of logistics and supply
chain management of health commodities.
- He/She will provide technical support and leadership to
Nigeria’s efforts to strengthen the procurement and supply chain
management system of health commodities using evidence based data from
the Logistics management information system, to reduce stock-outs, lower
costs and eliminate wastage
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provide TA and capacity building to all tiers of the government
of Nigeria and to FHI 360 to strengthen national systems for procurement
and supply chain management of health commodities
- Provide Logistics support to State offices focusing on reporting, distribution, shipping, storage and warehousing of commodities
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with regulations; ensure
safety code and quality compliance are met daily and report any issues
arising to the STO
- Work with the STO in designing coordinated systems for FHI 360
to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times,
transport costs and performance in order to reduce stock-outs, eliminate
wastes and lower costs.
- Ensure that all distribution documentation for health
commodities in FHI 360, with funding agencies, suppliers, implementing
partners and regulatory bodies is complete and compliant.
- Ensure FHI 360’s compliance with legal guidelines, Nigerian, US
and any other funder’s export and import controls, contracting
principles, sourcing and price/cost analysis requirements and report all
actual or potential variance to the STO.
- To provide technical coordination in product selection, quality
assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution
- Work with the STO Logistics to direct outgoing or incoming
health commodities distribution activities of FHI 360; ensure health
commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an
efficient manner and ensure that all required inventory checks are
conducted and all variances reconciled.
- Work with the STO in developing, maintaining and improving a
logistics management information system and an electronic inventory
control system of stocking and tracking commodities
- Support the STO in the development of warehousing and
distribution budgets Conduct periodic visits to facility warehouses to
follow-up on all warehouse related matters such as the environment,
sterilization, refrigeration etc. and generate reports to management and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with at least 3- 5 years post
national youth service experience with at least 1 year experience in
managing a PSM cycle, including rational health commodities selection,
forecasting/quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle,
warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS.
- Or B Pharm, BS/BA in Logistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology,
Biochemistry, or any relevant field with 5 to 7 years post national
youth service experience managing a PSM cycle, including rational health
commodities selection, forecasting /quantification, quality assurance
spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Considerable knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Sound knowledge of inventory control systems.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding Laboratory Logistics,
M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their
specificities for developing countries.
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time
- Experience must include managing health commodity logistics
information systems, including forecasting/quantification of Laboratory
- Familiarity with developing PSM indicators and issues surrounding monitoring and evaluation of the PSM.
- Knowledge of M supply, Quantimed and Pipeline a plus
- Familiarity with technical and health management approaches
relevant to the work of the National AIDS & STI Control, National TB
Control Programs, National Malaria Control Program and RH especially at
the state, LGA and community levels.
- Knowledge of the key principles and approaches to health systems strengthening.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV programs.
- Ability to evaluate relevance of data or information, as well as
work with staff to resolve differences in interpretation of
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, with minimal supervision and under pressure of tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply