Imo International Health Systems is a provider of health services with
the goal of enhancing the wellbeing of all individuals. We focus on
reducing the healthcare risk of the community by providing quality
services for the sick and encouraging preventive behaviors.
International Health Systems is a chain of hospitals that is established
based on Public Private Partnership between Imo State Government of
Nigeria and International Quality Healthcare Consulting LLC, a USA
based healthcare organization.
Are you seeking a life changing career to meet the Healthcare needs of
the great people of Imo State? Imo Health System is coming to town and
we are inviting qualified professionals and support staff to become
part of the change by applying for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nutritionist
- A Nutritionists assess and deliver scientific evidence-based nutritional advice that improves health and wellbeing.
- Creating, delivering and evaluating a range of practical and
educational food-based initiatives to encourage healthy lifestyle
- Supporting clients, communities and workforces, to make positive, practical changes to their food choices and general health;
- Delivering presentations and workshops on areas such as health
education/promotion, behavioural and lifestyle change, weight management
and eating for performance;
- Providing nutritional information for food production and helping to secure approval for health claims on packaging;
- Developing and analysing menus,
- Providing specialist advice on healthy eating to particular
client groups, such as maternal, infant or elderly, and working in
specific areas like bone health and salt or sugar reduction;
- Promoting nutritional advice via press, website content,
e-learning tutorials and webinars, seminars, audio and video podcasts
and social media;
- Liaising with media, e.g. journalists, radio, television and contributing to news reports and relevant programmes;
- Reviewing literature and undertaking market research and product surveys;
- Conducting dietary surveys, food research and clinical trials when approved;
- Advocating change and leading and writing policy.
- Good communication skills including verbal, presentation and written;
- Passion, enthusiasm and empathy;
- Proficiency in data research, evaluation and reporting;
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Proficiency in computer usage is must
- Ability to encourage and motivate others;
- Effective team working;
- The capability to multitask and work independently;
- HND/BSc, minimum of 2.2 in nutrition and food science; dietetics; public health nutrition or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Candidate should not be more 40 years of age.
Job Title: Waiter/Waitress
Location: Ikeduru, Imo
- Greets customers and offers restaurant or cafe menus, answers
questions about menu offerings, processes food and drink orders, carries
food and drinks from kitchen to tables, and prepares bills and process
- Welcomes customers when they arrive at a cafeteria,
- Introduces customers to the menu and announces daily or seasonal menu specials
- Answers questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes customers’ orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket, entering them into a tablet, or memorizing them
- Passes customer orders along to kitchen staff for preparation
- Prepares drinks and serves them to customers
- Collects food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serves them to customers
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with their meals and processes orders for additional courses if necessary
- Removes used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables
- Processes cash and credit card payments and returns change to customers if necessary
- Sets tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments
- Maintains familiarity with menu items, specials, and restaurant information
- Meets with managers and wait staff daily or regularly in order
to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming
reservations and customers with special needs
- Minimum of SSCE/WAEC.
- Physical Strength and Stamina.
- Attention to Details.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Written and Verbal Communications skills.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Interpersonal Communication.
- Teamwork, Ability to Work under Pressure.
- Positive Attitude.
- Computer skills will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Cook
- Prepares food for clients. Helps devise new methods of cooking and new menu items.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Manages other employees in the kitchen
- Acts as liaison to employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Stays open until the last customer leaves
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with management about how to improve meal service
- Alters dishes based on consumer suggestions or requirements
- Minimum of ND/HND/B.Sc in relevant fields.
- Basic Computer Skills,
- Organisational Skills,
- Verbal Communication,
- Culinary Arts,
- Kitchen Equipment Knowledge,
- Butchering skills,
- Knowledge of International and local Cuisines,
- Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as title of the email
Application Deadline 31st August, 2016.