The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the
worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger,
malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development
(R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity,
reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from
agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in
Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following
crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable
Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Ref: IITA-HR- NRS2017-016
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support to the coordination of proposal development;
- Assist with the administrative process/review of all drafts;
- Liaise effectively with scientists with regards to proposal development;
- Assist with all administrative duties in support of PDAU
(facilitate calendar, travel authorization, contacts, unit meeting with
scientists and donor/partners and also create/review documents, etc);
- Monitor unit cost center and facilitate any administrative cost in Oracle;
- Generate draft of monthly reports of PDAU’s activities;
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned the supervisor.
- Manage proposal development aspects of PDAU;s intranet site and database processes
- Upload and proposal calls on the intranet and ProMIS;
- Upload, update and report on information in relation to PDO’s map;
- Prepare and upload PDO news stories and documents onto the intranet as instructed;
- B.Sc/HND in Economics, Business Administration, Sciences, Social
Science or related field with at least three (3) years’ experience
performing same role.
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Excellence interpersonal and communication skill also demonstrate ability to communicate ideas efficiently.
- Excellent computer skill: MsWord, MsExcel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint etc.
- High numeric ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English.
- Good working knowledge of French and ability to work under pressure.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and
excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online
application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names
in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and
e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the
applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional
colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2017.